Dent Repair

I was wondering how much it would cost to have a dent removed from above the rocker panel on the driver side of my sprinter. I brought it to a local shop in Tempe, AZ and was quoted $2,166.77...

$1107 body labor (20.5hrs)
$626.40 paint labor (11.6hrs)
$394.40 paint supplies
$6.50 misc
$32.47 sales tax

Does this seem like a ridiculous price to anyone else...?! Attached are pictures of the dent.
dent 3.jpg

dent 2.jpg

dent1.jpg

I smashed the whole front end of my 2016 jetta about a year ago... Someone came through a red light after a truck turned right on red in front of them... I T-boned them coming through the intersection. The damage was only around $3000 for a new hood, front bumper, front grill and radiator + paint... I know that body parts on these newer cars are mostly plastic and relatively cheap but still.. That was much more extensive damage than this dent.

For that price, I will just find somewhere I can rent a stud welder and pull it out myself. Might not be perfect but good enough for now

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
Someone creased the fender on my jetta... body and paint for the one fender was cad$1,800 (tire tracks in snow confirmed as a hit and run so put it through my insurance)
Your quote isn’t far off that. This doesn’t mean they’re not doing well as an industry, just that they’re consistent about pricing...

-dave

lindenengineering

Just to add!
The price is most likely from a shop that has higher overheads and cost of doing business and has plenty or work in the yard.
Obviously then it pays to shop around.
I could get that done turnkey for about $1000 using a Laotian immigrant body guy and his family.
Equally I know quite few Latinos who don't speak English but punch out a fair repair job for about the same money.
So again shop around,
Dennis

trc.rhubarb

I think I'd tap it out as much as I could from the backside and lay a thick coat of bedliner as a lower 'stripe'
Lots of time and paint in there, so they likely want to repaint the entire side to blend it.
Labor rate is cheap but there is a lot of time.
Out here it would be about $95-110/hr for the labor.
Got a quote for $12k to paint my 140 and that was without body work. No thanks!

I think I'd tap it out as much as I could from the backside and lay a thick coat of bedliner as a lower 'stripe'
Lots of time and paint in there, so they likely want to repaint the entire side to blend it.
Labor rate is cheap but there is a lot of time.
Out here it would be about $95-110/hr for the labor.
Got a quote for $12k to paint my 140 and that was without body work. No thanks!

My paint is pretty rough anyway there are a lot of peeling spots, I was actually thinking of just bedlining the entire van with rhino liner. Might give it more of an "overlander" look.

trc.rhubarb

My paint is pretty rough anyway there are a lot of peeling spots, I was actually thinking of just bedlining the entire van with rhino liner. Might give it more of an "overlander" look.
Yeah, I got a quote for that too...Hopefully yours is reasonable.
I'm leaning towards the plastidip route because I can do that one.

Hard to believe the cost to spray these days.

Yeah, I got a quote for that too...Hopefully yours is reasonable.
I'm leaning towards the plastidip route because I can do that one.

Hard to believe the cost to spray these days.
The bed liner is a very easy DIY as well. Honestly it is easier than plasti-dip to get a good finish

Top Bottom