FS: original Kerstner air conditioner

Next week I am having my Kerstner AC removed and replaced with a Penguin. I live in Southern California. I am also going to pull the inverters. I was told by OLDWest :thumbup: to inform the group.

The AC unit worked but would shut down after 10 min of use:bash:. I have the cover as well!

I would prefer to sell everything as one package. PM or reply on here.:cheers:

OldWest

2004 T1N Westfalia
Thanks for offering to other Westy owners.

The cover is probably the most valued part so hopefully the shop takes good care of it (removes by just unscrewing 6 screws). There are also some threads on how to strengthen/reinforce the screwholes in the cover, including OneManVan's fiberglass patches.

We actually have two Meanwell converters in the hot water tank area (converters.convert 120v to 12v). By using switches to redirect the output from the converters to the batteries (instead od the air conditioner), OneManVan uses them to bulk-charge the batteries quickly (versus the charger at 10 amps). Note that OneManVan has AGM house batteries which can take and like high amp charging versus original gel batteries which do NOT.

I would love to have/buy the AC cover. I have been looking for one for the past year. I live in Oregon and would be happy to pay for shipping.
Please let me know.
Cheers, Brennan

I would prefer to sell the entire unit. If know wants it by Friday. I will be happy to sell you the cover and toss out the rest.

If you could get the electric motor off I would take that as well. The whole unit is just so large and heavy to ship anywhere. Let me know.
thanks, Brennan

If you could get the electric motor off I would take that as well. The whole unit is just so large and heavy to ship anywhere. Let me know.
thanks, Brennan
You got it. Sending you a PM.

Top Bottom