Class Action Lawsuit, diesel gate

gowyn

Anyone else get an email asking if they want to opt out of a class action lawsuit against MB for emissions on the 2.1 diesel?

What's going on?

"Good day,

A Court authorized this notice – you are not being sued.

If you own, owned, lease, or leased one of the listed vehicles, a class action may affect your rights.

Please read the attached Legal Notice for more details.

Sincerely,

The Mercedes-Benz BlueTEC Class Action Administrator

Toll Free: 1-877-739-8933
Email: MercedesBluetecClassAction@crawco.ca
Web Site: www.MercedesBluetecClassAction.ca"

autostaretx

Erratic Member
... the suit is for the benefit of Canadian Sprinter (and other MB) owners:

http://www.mercedesbluetecclassaction.ca/court-documents.html

You are included in this lawsuit if you are in Canada and own, owned, lease or leased
one of the BlueTEC Vehicles: ML320, ML350, GL320, E320, E250, S350, R320, R350,
E Class, GL Class, ML Class, R Class, S Class, GLK Class, GLE Class and Sprinter of
any and all model years.
Unlike the usual US class-actions, here you're being allowed to exclude yourself *before* the trial or any settlements are reached.

--dick

D

Deleted member 50714

There is/was a similar to class action for the USA but a judge tossed it out. Money talks and bullschit walks. I would join if lived in Canada.

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
So, this suit alleges that MB used emissions defeat devices to fake emissions tests (like VW). This may or may not be proven true.

It would be a lot more interesting if it alleged something like a violation of the "implied warranty of fitness for purpose" due to emissions systems that (a) don't work reliably and (b) unreasonably diminishes the usability of the vehicle for its intended purpose.

gowyn

What I'm curious about is how likely is there to be a settlement and what that may be.

If there were a settlement how likely would it be similar to the VW one I wonder.

Big D

Anybody investigate this further, I have a high mileage 2014 2.1 litre and don't want to sell it just incase there is a settlement.

jzf0fk

Just got a note from attorney leading the class action case and there is an additional settlement from Bosch.... This is on top of the MB settlement....

Last week, Judge Dennis M. Cavanaugh preliminarily approved a settlement reached between a class of consumers and Bosch, the German engineering company that supplied emissions software to Mercedes that enabled cheating on diesel emissions tests in select Mercedes-Benz vehicles. While a dollar amount was not disclosed, Judge Cavanaugh’s ruling states that “the Bosch Settlement provides meaningful relief to the Class in the form of monetary compensation.” Read the Order »

To claim a Class Member Payment under the Class Action Settlement you must submit a valid claim. The claim form will be available on the Settlement Website (www.mbbluetecsettlement.com) with further information about the settlement, as well as updates about the deadline to submit your claim. The settlement website is currently being updated and will hopefully go live within two weeks, hopefully sooner.

D

Deleted member 50714

hold on, nobody’s asked me what I wanted.

I want The latest firmware revisions for all modules.
New Nox sensors.
New DPF sensor.
New DPF pressure pressure differential sensor.
New back pressure switch with appropriate pigtail.
New DEF pressure delivery line.
New DEF dosing valve.
All new DPF, and all downstream CATs.
A complementary DPF monitoring box, I’ll install.
lifetime vehicle warranty on all exhaust after treatment system components.
Complementary lifetime free Adblue repair and reset at customers choice of facility, including Independence.
lifetime free vehicle towing for exhaust system treatment system related issues.
Complementary massage for every day my vehicle is being repaired.

Mike DZ

2016 View 24V (2015 3500)
hold on, nobody’s asked me what I wanted.

I want The latest firmware revisions for all modules.
New Nox sensors.
New DPF sensor.
New DPF pressure pressure differential sensor.
New back pressure switch with appropriate pigtail.
New DEF pressure delivery line.
New DEF dosing valve.
All new DPF, and all downstream CATs.
A complementary DPF monitoring box, I’ll install.
lifetime vehicle warranty on all exhaust after treatment system components.
Complementary lifetime free Adblue repair and reset at customers choice of facility, including Independence.
lifetime free vehicle towing for exhaust system treatment system related issues.
Complementary massage for every day my vehicle is being repaired.
Bob, you could opt out of the class and pursue your own case ...

D

Deleted member 50714

Bob, you could opt out of the class and pursue your own case ...
Heavens to hemorrhoids why would ya want to suggest a bum steer to a nice guy like me. Not a question, just a thought. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a note from attorney leading the class action case and there is an additional settlement from Bosch.... This is on top of the MB settlement....

Last week, Judge Dennis M. Cavanaugh preliminarily approved a settlement reached between a class of consumers and Bosch, the German engineering company that supplied emissions software to Mercedes that enabled cheating on diesel emissions tests in select Mercedes-Benz vehicles. While a dollar amount was not disclosed, Judge Cavanaugh’s ruling states that “the Bosch Settlement provides meaningful relief to the Class in the form of monetary compensation.” Read the Order »

To claim a Class Member Payment under the Class Action Settlement you must submit a valid claim. The claim form will be available on the Settlement Website (www.mbbluetecsettlement.com) with further information about the settlement, as well as updates about the deadline to submit your claim. The settlement website is currently being updated and will hopefully go live within two weeks, hopefully sooner.
Hi Bob. Marcnoxious here. I see a California and NJ class action but I live in Indiana. Do you know how can I be placed in the settlement claim?

Aggie

2010 Roadtrek SS Ideal
Kosky Minski law firm seems to be leading the Class Action
this link has more detail, last update was Jan 2020, Covid undoubtedly delayed action ?
  • January 18, 2020
    The previously scheduled summary judgment returnable in December 2019 to determine the merits of this class proceeding was postponed. Please continue to check back here for more information on a new return date for the motion.

Kosky Minski law firm seems to be leading the Class Action
this link has more detail, last update was Jan 2020, Covid undoubtedly delayed action ?
  • January 18, 2020
    The previously scheduled summary judgment returnable in December 2019 to determine the merits of this class proceeding was postponed. Please continue to check back here for more information on a new return date for the motion.
I emailed Koskie Minsky and received this reply
"
Thanks for your question about the U.S. settlement regarding Mercedes BlueTEC vehicles. We can confirm the Canadian action was not included in that settlement agreement. Accordingly, the Canadian action is continuing through the pre-trial discovery phase. If a potential settlement is ever reached in the Canadian action, class counsel will provide notice to class members in accordance with the court's direction."

Top Bottom