Blinds

Edjodi

We did not order the optional cab privacy blinds. Do most of you guys have them? It sounds like there may be some problems with them and we were told that we could add different blinds/sunscreens that would be more effective in keeping the heat out. Has anyone done this? We would appreciate any advice.

brassarl

2006 T1N 2500 Long & Tall
We did not order the optional cab privacy blinds. Do most of you guys have them? It sounds like there may be some problems with them and we were told that we could add different blinds/sunscreens that would be more effective in keeping the heat out. Has anyone done this? We would appreciate any advice.
My unit came with them, European cloth onesthe Remis brand. They are exceptionally well made. I use them 99% of the time when I'm camping or parking. I usually park the van facing the sun, close all the blinds, in the cab section, it takes 10 seconds. They are good to keep the heat out, or in colder times, keep the heat in. Although expensive I will replace them when these wear out.

Last edited:

edfrompa

2008 ROADTREK on F/L 2500
Our unit came with fabric blinds the ride on tracks that run forward above the doors and across to meet above the windshield. They do work and provide privacy, etc. BUT, fitting them on or off is a bit of a pain (just fussy). We do use them when camping long term. More often we use a single curtain that runs on a track just above and behind the front seats(full forward position). Quick, easy! Insulated fabric keeps heat in in cold weather. Rudimentary sewing skills required. Tracks and hardware available at most RV dealers.

Top Bottom