AMA flush fit slider windows

• Thread starter Deleted member 86082
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 86082

Hello

I received my AMA Windows today :D: One for the sliding door and the other for the drivers side. Purchased from "Van Windows Direct" for $550 each and free delivery within the US.

First impression is that they are very beautiful windows. Came really well packed in a crate. The sliders are very tight so rattling shouldn't be an issue. Time will tell.

Found a local glass shop that will install them for around $150 if I cut out the panels. So that will be my project this weekend.

Pic's attached - upside down for some reason?????

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
The large venting of these windows beats all others. Is there any way a screen could be employed with these sliders? Perhaps something that could be popped on and off with velcro when camping.

Does the manufacturer AMA have any such option?

Are these available for 06 Sprinters? Specifically the right side sliding door and the opposite window behind the drivers seat. I have factory limo glass now in both of those locations and would love to put these sliding windows in their place. Thanks to all here.

D

Deleted member 86082

I've been thinking about using these in my next build. What did you trim the inside with? Trimlok?
I haven't trimmed them yet. Wanted to see what the dealer trim would cost but I may end up with Trimlok.

Joe

I haven't trimmed them yet. Wanted to see what the dealer trim would cost but I may end up with Trimlok.

Joe
Its only around $30 each for the factory trim but I don't think it will work as the factory opening is stepped. Hard to explain but when you cut out the hole for the window there are two layers of metal. The outer layer has to trimmed back another 3/8" or so for the trim to fit properly against the glass. I only know this because I installed factory glass in my van and it was a bit of a pain.

TheHerd

Hello, what is the verdict on the AMA sliders?

Anyone have an inside picture of the screened window version?

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
Hello, what is the verdict on the AMA sliders?

Anyone have an inside picture of the screened window version?
Van Windows Direct has an image of the inside of a screened window. It doesn't look like all windows are screened.
https://www.vanwindowsdirect.com/co...creened-half-slider-window-sprinter-van-07-18

BTW these windows are made by AM Auto.
http://www.amauto.co/products/sliders/

These would be a great solution for a vented window on the rear passenger side on a 144" WB Sprinter where the normal tip-out T-vent windows would interfere with the sliding door.

GlennR

2016 4x4 170
I just got a 170" extended cargo Sprinter last week and need windows. These look great.

Sliders seem more trouble free than awnings, but I'd think awnings are better in the rain.

I like the look of glass all around. But it cost more, you lose insulation, and you also will need curtains or blinds for privacy.

If the cost wasn't a concern which would you choose? Have any of you installed too many windows & regretted it?

Onefin

I just got a 170" extended cargo Sprinter last week and need windows. These look great.

Sliders seem more trouble free than awnings, but I'd think awnings are better in the rain.

I like the look of glass all around. But it cost more, you lose insulation, and you also will need curtains or blinds for privacy.

If the cost wasn't a concern which would you choose? Have any of you installed too many windows & regretted it?
I’d use tern overland if I had a cargo van without window openings.
https://www.ternoverland.com
Operable, screened and shades....better insulation properties...can vent in rain......in house replacement parts from a small but committed supplier.......

If not then motion windows or RB sliders likely less problematic than the CRL T-vents.

The AM flush slider windows look worth giving a look.....terra wagen offers OEM Mercedes sliders without screens for more money. The TW MB will be better quality than aftermarket......https://www.terrawagen.com/collections/sprinter/products/side-sliding-windows

IMHO The only position that the factory large glass is best is possibly on the slider door for visibility while pulling out across traffic. This is also the worst position for a t-vent window as it provides excellent access to the van for someone breaking in. Easy to pry open glass or cut screen if vent is open and pop open the slider door lock. Also worth mentioning is the CRL t-vent window for the slider only offers one operable vent of the two....so you spend time and money to get a lesser quality window that doesn’t provide much ventilation and is easy to break into for a casual thief.

Too many large windows increase efforts to keep van cool....so you put windows in and then spend money to cover them up while camping or to hide contents of the van...I’d suggest a a couple windows to start, then go from there if you want more after bit.

Skylights or roof hatches are the future!

Onefin

I’d use tern overland if I had a cargo van without window openings.
https://www.ternoverland.com
Operable, screened and shades....better insulation properties...can vent in rain......in house replacement parts from a small but committed supplier.......

If not then motion windows or RB sliders likely less problematic than the CRL T-vents.

The AM flush slider windows look worth giving a look.....terra wagen offers OEM Mercedes sliders without screens for more money. The TW MB will be better quality than aftermarket......https://www.terrawagen.com/collections/sprinter/products/side-sliding-windows

IMHO The only position that the factory large glass is best is possibly on the slider door for visibility while pulling out across traffic. This is also the worst position for a t-vent window as it provides excellent access to the van for someone breaking in. Easy to pry open glass or cut screen if vent is open and pop open the slider door lock. Also worth mentioning is the CRL t-vent window for the slider only offers one operable vent of the two....so you spend time and money to get a lesser quality window that doesn’t provide much ventilation and is easy to break into for a casual thief.

Too many large windows increase efforts to keep van cool....so you put windows in and then spend money to cover them up while camping or to hide contents of the van...I’d suggest a a couple windows to start, then go from there if you want more after bit.

Skylights or roof hatches are the future!

Top Bottom