how do I access my Onan Microlite? 2004 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser

bcolins

2004 158" Vista Cruiser
I know its under the rear storage area. Do I have to climb underneath to get to it?

Its cranking well, but not starting,....how do I check the vent hose that I have read gets clogged by mud daubers etc.

Brian in SATX

kenpavol

Yes you'll need to crawl underneath to access your generator. I drive my sprinter up on a couple of blocks for that purpose to get some clearance. You should be able to see the vent hose on the rear of the generator. Try a thin flexible wire to clear it. That cured mine. I put a small faucet screen on the end of the hose to prevent more bugs entering. You would think the manufacturer would spend a couple pennies and provide that on the generators, especially since its a well known problem.

Mikolia69

Once in a while you get shown the light....
I know its under the rear storage area. Do I have to climb underneath to get to it?

Its cranking well, but not starting,....how do I check the vent hose that I have read gets clogged by mud daubers etc.

Brian in SATX
Yep, climb underneath and you should be able to reach everything. I had the same issue a while ago and the prob was that it needed oil. Now its doing it again and the oil is fine. I heard from somewhere else that it could be a bad ground. Im going to bring it in to my friends for an oil change and look at it when its up on the lift.

edfrompa

2008 ROADTREK on F/L 2500
low oil is indicated if it cranks, starts BUT shuts down immediately when you remove your finger from the rocker (start/stop) switch.
crank but no start could be several things including the plugged vent line. Another common cause (if you run on LPG) is a failed regulator. Turn on both stove burners, then cabin air heater, observe burners for flick, shut down indicating regulator.
For full and in depth troubleshooting, look here (CH6,7):

Attachments

Top Bottom