4x4 Sprinter & 4x4 Expedition camper

Felixx

Hello, I know this isn't a sprinter (details on my sprinter below).. But I met the owner/builder of this amazing rig on the Oregon Coast yesterday, and told me his vehicle is for sale. He let me drive it and take it off road into deep sand never having an issue.

Link: https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/4x4-camper/6576248881.html

I actually met him because he came and pulled me and my wife out of the sand, we own a 4x4 Sprinter. His camper is the ultimate adventure vehicle, and in comparison I paid $154,000 for my 4x4 camper, he's selling his for half that- he has over $138,000 into the camper., and its actually capable off road. it has 2" thick insulation & 1000w of solar:bow:. Me and my wife, Peggy are having him build our next camper- so I'm selling my current 4x4 sprinter. He said he would take $70k, which in comparison, my 4x4 sprinter new as a shelled out cargo van was $70,899 after tax and registration.

Craigslist link will be up later today for my sprinter

Price: $120,000
-2017 4x4 sprinter 170" WB
-full wet bath w/thetford toilet
-queen bed
-huge under bed storage, fits bikes, surfboards, etc.
-10,170 miles
-Vancompass 2" fox lift
-30" KO2's
-Roam built rack with runner lights
-aluminess front and rear bumper w/ 2 cargo cases
-Dometic A/C
-Onan Gen
-On board air (ARB compressor)
-Dometic fridge
-Radient heated floors
-30 gallon water tank
-300w solar

Message me for pictures, Im open to reasonable offers and want to sell quick so I can have another rig built by the end of summer.

Thanks
Felix

Felixx

Thanks, I guess I was wrong about the price of the Expedition Camper. Its $69,500 or best offer. Apologies

mtbkers

Congrats. I've seen that camper on IG. He's done a great job. So your 4x4 couldn't cope in the sand? Was it particularly loose? I'm intrigued as I have a 2wd and sometimes have buyers remorse (although, I'm happy I kept the extra $20K in my pocket).

Felixx

mtbkers,

Don't waste the money on a factory 4x4, the past month I've had buyers remorse from spending over $120,000 on a sprinter conversion that would get stuck in any off road situation.

Matt, the guy whose building my next van is building me a 4x4 Sprinter for $70,000 set and done. He's using a 2006 150" wheelbase sprinter, and installing a custom 4x4 kit, 35" tires, fox 2.5 suspension, built in air compressor, A/C, heat, etc. Then all the interior goodies I've requested. He's supplying the van as well

I'll finally be able to drive through Mexico without messing up the computer. I paid more than that for a factory 4x4 170" wheelbase sprinter, pretty unsettling.

I'll ask Matt if I can have him document the build so I can share it with you all.

Last edited:

mtbkers

mtbkers,

Don't waste the money on a factory 4x4, the past month I've had buyers remorse from spending over $120,000 on a sprinter conversion that would get stuck in any off road situation.

Matt, the guy whose building my next van is building me a 4x4 Sprinter for $70,000 set and done. He's using a 2006 150" wheelbase sprinter, and installing a custom 4x4 kit, 35" tires, fox 2.5 suspension, built in air compressor, A/C, heat, etc. Then all the interior goodies I've requested. He's supplying the van as well

I'll finally be able to drive through Mexico without messing up the computer. I paid more than that for a factory 4x4 170" wheelbase sprinter, pretty unsettling.

I'll ask Matt if I can have him document the build so I can share it with you all.
Sounds like a fun build! A write up would be great.

Jaime72

mtbkers,

What do you mean "don't waste the money?" Just because you've had buyers remorse means that everyone else should just do as you do?

I guess that's the thing about conversions. Everyone has a different need. What didn't work for you might just work awesome for someone else. What doesn't work for someone else, may just work great for you.

There are no absolutes in designing and building the perfect van conversion. We all need to plan out what we want, design, build and learn.

Best of luck on your next build. Enjoying plying the roads of Mexico in a van that won't choke without ULSD.

Cheers.

Felixx

What do you mean "don't waste the money?" Just because you've had buyers remorse means that everyone else should just do as you do?

I guess that's the thing about conversions. Everyone has a different need. What didn't work for you might just work awesome for someone else. What doesn't work for someone else, may just work great for you.

There are no absolutes in designing and building the perfect van conversion. We all need to plan out what we want, design, build and learn.

Best of luck on your next build. Enjoying plying the roads of Mexico in a van that won't choke without ULSD.

Cheers.
A stock 2wd Sprinter van with a Van Compass Lift kit and 30" tires, is more capable than a factory 4x4 sprinter.. Ive seen 4x4 sprinters get stuck on wet grass (Overland Expo), so if you think thats worth an extra $20,000 feel free to pay it.

A factory 4x4 sprinter with fox 2.0 shocks, VC lift, and 35" tires does well off road but set and done you have a $80,000 non built out sprinter. So yes, stock factory 4x4 set up isn't worth the money. But hey if you only stay on the road, and you want that cool 4x4 logo, feel free to spend the extra money.

marc1

A stock 2wd Sprinter van with a Van Compass Lift kit and 30" tires, is more capable than a factory 4x4 sprinter.. Ive seen 4x4 sprinters get stuck on wet grass (Overland Expo), so if you think thats worth an extra $20,000 feel free to pay it.

A factory 4x4 sprinter with fox 2.0 shocks, VC lift, and 35" tires does well off road but set and done you have a $80,000 non built out sprinter. So yes, stock factory 4x4 set up isn't worth the money. But hey if you only stay on the road, and you want that cool 4x4 logo, feel free to spend the extra money.
This kind of stuff cracks me up:thinking: Popcorn please.

PNWMTB

Does anyone know if that expedition camper sold- the ford 4x4/how do i get in contact with the builder

Ive seen 6+ sprinter builds by this kid trotting around the PNW and they are seriously impressive builds, I want him to build me a 4x4 camper. But don't know how to get in contact with him. Does anyone know his contact info, company name, etc... I saw the builds 4+ months ago so the name they told me has slipped my mind, but the prices that I was told it cost to build didn't (one couple I met at Duthie Trail got quoted $99k for a OutsideVan not including the van, and they had this kid build them one which in my opinion was way nicer than any OV ive seen, but it only cost $34,000 including labor, and he offers a 2 yr warranty.....)

Anything helps guys..

Obliged

Does anyone know if that expedition camper sold- the ford 4x4/how do i get in contact with the builder

Ive seen 6+ sprinter builds by this kid trotting around the PNW and they are seriously impressive builds, I want him to build me a 4x4 camper. But don't know how to get in contact with him. Does anyone know his contact info, company name, etc... I saw the builds 4+ months ago so the name they told me has slipped my mind, but the prices that I was told it cost to build didn't (one couple I met at Duthie Trail got quoted $99k for a OutsideVan not including the van, and they had this kid build them one which in my opinion was way nicer than any OV ive seen, but it only cost $34,000 including labor, and he offers a 2 yr warranty.....)

Anything helps guys..
If you're in the PNW, you may want to look into EAV. They have some of the best looking Spriner Conversions I've seen.

https://www.elementumav.com/

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo

Funny, I have never gotten stuck from sugar sand to rocks.

PNWMTB

Not too interested in them, I think they've only done 1 or 2 vans as well.. And their builds look just like SyncVans, BenchMark Vehicles, Outside Van, VanLife Customs etc...

I found the Kids company, Its Evo Campers. His Business Instagram isn't really put together yet it seems- along with his website, but his work speaks for itself.. If I do pull the trigger with having him build me a vehicle Ill make a thread here- I'm going to ask him if I can make a video/take pictures of him building the van to make a thread here on what it all has. Possibly offer website building services as well as thats part of my profession, maybe he'll give me a discount.

Top Bottom