does MB Cruiser have a Coach Number??

EvermanJ

Hello all, I've been trying to title my MB Cruiser in New Mexico for a couple of weeks but without luck. Their system requires a second ID (first being the VIN) or coach number. I gave them the RIVA number printed on the outside of the vehicle, but it didn't take and I can't find any others.
Does anyone know of a coach number or second ID number on a MB cruiser or similar sprinter based RV? thank you very much.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Others will have better answers, but isn't there an RV builder's sticker listing things like the "dry weight" and other loading details?
I would assume (optimist that i am) that it would have the RV VIN on it.

--dick

Mike DZ

2016 View 24V (2015 3500)
My View has a VIN and a Serial number. The VIN is from MB and the serial is from WBGO. Both are on the drivers side door jamb on the same sticker. My "dry weight" sticker is on the passenger side door jamb.

mbcruiser

05 Sprinter/06 MB Cruiser
Weight info including water and waste tank capacities are listed on a sticker inside the upper cabinet behind my driver's seat. I haven't looked lately to see if additional numbers are present, but next time I open the cabinet I'll try to remember to look.
2006 MB Cruiser

coulter6

2017/2018 LTV Unity TB
I live in Albuquerque and had the exact same problem with a 2015 Coachman Prism. Ultimately I had to get a Law Enforcement VIN Inspection since no one at the DMV office could find the right number. Took 4 months to get it done. What a pain in the ass!

Fast forward - I replaced the Prism with a National RV Tropical and went to get it registered at the same DMV office. Guess what - they couldn't find the coach ID number on that one either --- they wanted me to get a Law Enforcement VIN Inspection again.

That's when I remembered they had reopened the DMV office in Tijeras, so I drove directly from the first DMV office to the Tijeras DMV office. Went in, clerk said she needed to do a VIN inspection, we went out to the coach, she wrote down a few numbers, we went back inside and guess what --- she registered the coach then and there; no hassle.

Recommend you try the Tijeras DMV. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
I live in Albuquerque and had the exact same problem with a 2015 Coachman Prism. Ultimately I had to get a Law Enforcement VIN Inspection since no one at the DMV office could find the right number. Took 4 months to get it done. What a pain in the ass!

Fast forward - I replaced the Prism with a National RV Tropical and went to get it registered at the same DMV office. Guess what - they couldn't find the coach ID number on that one either --- they wanted me to get a Law Enforcement VIN Inspection again.

That's when I remembered they had reopened the DMV office in Tijeras, so I drove directly from the first DMV office to the Tijeras DMV office. Went in, clerk said she needed to do a VIN inspection, we went out to the coach, she wrote down a few numbers, we went back inside and guess what --- she registered the coach then and there; no hassle.

Recommend you try the Tijeras DMV. You might be pleasantly surprised.
Yup.....The $10 service charge in the Tijeras Office is often very worth while.
Plus it is only 6 miles for me.

luvlabs

I've registered two motorhomes in NM and have had no problems. I suggest you go to a real MVD office (not one of the contract "express" ones) to get things done. The first motorhome required a VIN inspection - the clerk came out from the office and verified the one on the dash and then I pointed her to the engine hatch and she verified the one there. No LEO inspection required. My second (the Navion in my signature) was purchased in Albuquerque and I registered in Las Cruces. Easy peasy and no additional paperwork required - just money.

Top Bottom