ESP

MikeD24J

My wife and I are looking at a used 2017 J. We test drove it and the ESP light came on with a message similar to "take in for service" and stayed on for the entire drive. The owner took it to a Mercedes dealer today and the service manager assured me it is not a big deal, comes on frequently. It was windy at the time, probably 15-20 mph winds. Is this common? Is it easy to reset?

rollerbearing

Happens to me often (once every 1K-2K miles) when a really strong crosswind (causing me to compensate with steering) is suddenly shadowed by an underpass or a big rig goes by in those conditions.

Never been a big deal. I just drive until it is very safe to pull over and then stop and restart. Error has so far then gone away every time.

I believe it has to do with the yaw sensor detecting a much larger than expected deviation.

Last edited:

Hosh

Navion 2018 24J
Unfortunately way too common and very sensitive. Issue is it kicks out the cruise control and you have turn off engine to reset. I plan to take ours in for an alignment after de-winterizing and hope mother Benz can adjust it.

Top Bottom