Green Diesel Engineering ECO Tune w/ Immobilizer Delete

JerBear110

Hey, Everyone:

I'm here to post my experience with having the Green Diesel Engineering ECO Tune with the Immobilizer Delete on my 2005 Dodge Sprinter 2.7l CDI van.

When I first started having issues with the immobilizer (SKREEM or SKIS) module, it was about 30 degrees Fahrenheit outside. I would get a "Start Error" message and the engine would not turn over. After further research, I concluded that it was related to the TEMIC immobilizer module.

After removing the module and warming it up inside the house, the module would start working again and I was able to start the van. But as soon as the module was introduced to temperatures below 30°, the van would not start and this would result in a "Start Error" message on the dash.

This is a pretty simple test and can be done by either putting the module in the fridge or if it is cold outside, you can warm it up with a hairdryer.

After inspecting the TEMIC immobilizer module, I figured that the unit had a bad solder joint. So, I attempted to reflow the board with no luck.

In a last-ditch effort, I decided to contact Keitch over at GDE (Green Diesel Engineering) and ask him if there was a way to eliminate the immobilizer module altogether. He said that it was possible, but it would be an additional cost for the “Custom Tune”. I said fine let’s do it! And to be honest, I’m definitely glad I went this route.

After flashing the ECU with the custom tune, I unplugged the TEMIC immobilizer module from the wiring harness and attempted to start the van. Presto! The van started without any hesitation. I have been driving without the TEMIC immobilizer module in the van for about 4 months now and I have had zero issues.

At this point, I’m pretty impressed. Not only was I able to eliminate the immobilizer, but there were added benefits to this tune as well. This includes increased horsepower, better fuel economy, and it even eliminated the speed governor.

If anyone has any questions or would like me to post some pictures, please let me know.

Hope this helps!

Top Bottom