Shedding some light - Electrical System Guide

ptgman

Greetings!

For those who may want it, I've found and modified a graphic that helps my wife and I to better understand the electrical system in our 2013 LTV Free Spirit.

It is, I admit, a rather "clunky" approach to wrapping one's brain around the associated systems and their limitations, but it's better than nothing.

If someone has something better to share, please do so! :professor:

Attachments

jaynezink

thanks for the drawing. My 12v system abruptly stopped working. I charged the house battery - and it will turn over the generator. It will not turn on any lights or the water pump. I have looked for a fuse or link but can't find any. Does anyone have any ideas? Its a 2005 dodge sprinter 2500.

Torkrench

thanks for the drawing. My 12v system abruptly stopped working. I charged the house battery - and it will turn over the generator. It will not turn on any lights or the water pump. I have looked for a fuse or link but can't find any. Does anyone have any ideas? Its a 2005 dodge sprinter 2500.
I don't know if you have figured out the problem yet, but I would check the continuous duty solenoid behind the power distribution/fuse panel. My mom's Free Spirit is starting to have trouble with the contacts on that unit and from time to time you will see the lights flicker/voltage show low on the battery monitor. By turning the solenoid off and on a couple of times, it usually fixes the problem.

Top Bottom