2008 2500 Dodge Sprinter Camper Van 144" High Roof 31755 mi. $34995

Status
Not open for further replies.

alazear

Please Note: I just cut + pasted this from other ads I'm running on Craigslist Reno, etc. I do know you guys know this vehicle well, please ignore my obvious comments below...they are just for the general buying public, no offense meant on my part... I've also taken over 50 pictures with my Nikon, but they will only allow 5 on this site. If you'd like more, let me know and I'll email as many as yahoo will allow me. Here goes: 6 cyl. Mercedes Turbo Diesel Engine, 31755 mi. (not a misprint - super low miles). Vehicle is really a Mercedes Sprinter bumper to bumper, imported, badged and sold by Dodge from 2007-2011. This allows it to be worked on by any Dodge dealership nationwide - easier + less expensive than Mercedes dealers for both parts and labor. I did debadged it, but have the original badging if you desire to put it back on. We've had no issues running the vehicle; it just works - smoothly and quietly. 5 new [last year] slightly aggressive tires that are very quiet on the highway. Driver and passenger can talk in a low volume voice when cruising at 70 mph. Fiamma awning that's so new we never got a chance to use it. 12' Topper Roof Rack. Very comfortable 66 x 72" Tempurpedic bed that goes wall to wall and is bomber stable yet easily removable in about 15 min. if you need to return the back to a full cargo area. Probably even faster than 15 min. if you are more than one person. You can remove/reinstall the bed and side panels as many times as you wish without damage as they are bolted in using riv nuts, not wood screws. Having said that, I think I only took the bed out 1 time. I'm 6' 2" with a tricky back and my wife and I sleep very well on it. Bed is raised high enough to store up to 3 bikes inside with front wheels removed underneath the bed or store lots of other gear. I made custom fork mount brackets for both road and mt. bikes if you desire to add that in to the purchase [it's not pictured], or you can use the 2" DrawTite Class 3 trailer hitch to add your own outside bike rack or other add ons. The 2" Class 3 hitch is wired to pull a small trailer if you wish, although we never did. The walls and ceiling pieces are insulated with recycled jean material or 1/2" rigid foam insulation then covered in the material you see pictured. No off gassing with these materials, they've worked very well. We have plenty of identical extra material to give you if you wish for future inside add ons. I'm 6' 2" and stand straight up in the van with about 1-2" to spare. There is a love seat with storage underneath and a cabinet above. Plenty of strong tie downs to lash gear. Many of the lashing points are easily moveable from place to place. The passenger seat swivels backward. The front cab is all Sprinter. I did upgrade to a Clarion Stereo w/6 Polk Audio Speakers. It has full Navigation, Blue Tooth, DVD, CD, micro SD, USB and other features I don't really use. I also installed a backup camera that works well. I wired the system so you can use all the features of Nav./DVD while driving, drive carefully please... It sounds very good and clean. The micro SD card is filled with classic rock currently, but easy to add your own music. There are also 2 aftermarket driver and passenger door vents for camping when parked. [not pictured] that are included. They allow more air circulation and yet allow the vehicle to remain locked while installed. Made in Europe. No, there is no water, shower, toilet or separate electrical system for fully hooking up when camping. We chose to keep this van super simple, clean and convertible to different needs. Thus, there is no winterizing necessary. Come back Sunday night, park the vehicle - go to work the next day with with no worries about freezing. It has worked very well for us doing just that. We have used it for various types of outdoor fun. We are selling it, a bit sadly, because we need something a bit larger now. No other reason. It's been great. Spring is coming and the daylight saving time is nearly here. Your adventure awaits. Located in Gardnerville, NV. [Carson City area] Adam 775-781-5697 alazear@yahoo.com

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom