Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fair

• Poor

• Total voters

elemental

Wherever you go, there you are.
Mercedes-Benz of Seattle is located at 2025 S. Airport Way, Seattle, WA 98134. They sell and service Sprinter vans at this location.

Sales: (206) 467-9999 Service: (855) 263-5688 Parts: (855) 323-7653

https://www.mbseattle.com

elemental

Wherever you go, there you are.
My new van (400 miles) developed a Check Engine light on a trip from north of Seattle down to Portland. On my return I stopped in at MB Seattle (which is not the dealer from whom I purchased the van) without an appointment to see if they could determine the possible fault before I finished my trip home way north of Seattle. Despite being very busy at 9 am with previously scheduled appointments, they fit me in (with a total wait/service time of about 2 hours) with a very friendly/helpful attitude from all involved. The fault code was the subject of a previous bulletin from Mercedes requiring the technicians to run a number of tests, document the results in the Mercedes computer system, and notify the engineers in Germany (then clear the fault code and return the van to the customer). The service advisor (Bob Barlow) very carefully explained this to me so that I understood what had been done to the van (nothing but tests) as well as what to expect (could get the fault code again, Mercedes was working on understanding why some 2017 vans are presenting this code when all systems test out ok). While the van was being checked out, the technicians noticed that a "campaign" with a software update was out for my van, and they took care of applying that software update as well. Finally, my van was returned to me, newly washed (which removed the road grime from my Portland trip). All in all, a good experience.

While my van was being serviced, I spoke with Keith Donaldson, the dealership's Sprinter sales rep. Keith's name was given to me by the folks at Adventure Wagon as a knowledgeable Sprinter guy and an early customer of theirs. Keith took the time to chat with me (without a prior appointment) about Sprinter "camper" customizations by various local/regional firms (such as Mammoth, Outside Van, and Adventure Wagon) and about Sprinters in general. Keith drives his own Sprinter (4x4 with Adventure Wagon aftermarket modular interior). Although Keith sells more vans to fleet customers, he takes the time to talk to "van life" customers and share his knowledge and experience with them.

Top Bottom