Autel Md808P Reviews?

robzr

As far as I can tell the main difference between the 808 and 802 series is that the former is bidirectional and can execute some subset of manual test procedures (such as DPF regen, etc.) What would be even more useful than a list of what Autel says the 808 will do is an actual Sprinter owner confirming that the functions actually work. That will determine how much value the 808 really has over the 802 for our application.
Spec page for MD808PRO https://www.auteltech.com/Professional Scan Tools/559.jhtml states:

Read and clear trouble codes, control and test BMS/Oil Reset/ SRS/EPB/DPF systems
Support oil service reset
Support battery registration and reset
Diesel particulate service including forced regeneration
Reset steering angle sensor (SAS) functionality
Relearn parking brake pad after replacement
Reset service mileage and service intervals
Turn off ECU brake warning light
Perform O2 monitor, on-board monitor, I/M readiness and component testing

And the tech stated it can do everything the 802 can do. I'm ordering one, if you have any specific questions (DPF regen is discussed in the specs list), I'd be happy to poke around when I get it, just let me know.

Rob

smiller

2008 View J (2007 NCV3 3500)
And the tech stated it can do everything the 802 can do. I'm ordering one, if you have any specific questions (DPF regen is discussed in the specs list), I'd be happy to poke around when I get it, just let me know.
Well we already had an Autel tech state that it would do DPF regens... on a T1N :smilewink:

But yes, I'd really appreciate any first hand experience, DPF regen/service functions and steering angle sensor calibration in particular.

Just got off the phone with a tech from Autel, here's what he said:

- MD808PRO is not a replacement for the MD802 Elite, but just a higher end product. He said it can do everything for Sprinters that the MD802 can do, and more.

Rob
Key question to ask the tech is mentioning your vehicle YEAR as you know many have different features and functions.

Patrick of M

2005 T1N 2500 (NA spec)
As far as I can tell the “techs” at Autel just customer service reps. A bunch of years ago I spoke with someone there who knew the products really well, more recently I interacted with someone who knew much less than I did about their products and also appeared to have no interest in expanding their knowledge, actually finding out what I was asking of them.

Mike DZ

2016 View 24V (2015 3500)
This is what "Amy Lan," an Autel tech stated in an email to me:

"Kindly be noted that MD808Pro cannot support 2015 MB Sprinter so far. It can only cover to year 2013. Please refer to Maxisys series products. For detailed vehicle coverage, please check below link for more information. Thanks"

I have no idea whether to believe her or not.

D

Deleted member 50714

This is what "Amy Lan," an Autel tech stated in an email to me:

"Kindly be noted that MD808Pro cannot support 2015 MB Sprinter so far. It can only cover to year 2013. Please refer to Maxisys series products. For detailed vehicle coverage, please check below link for more information. Thanks"

I have no idea whether to believe her or not.
Well, I'll error on the side of caution and wait until I know for certain.

smiller

2008 View J (2007 NCV3 3500)
When I noticed that my MD802 didn't fully support a new car I had purchased an Autel rep told me that they are constantly busy trying to keep things current and that lower priority is given to new vehicles (within a few years old) since those vehicles are still under warranty and usually go to a dealer for repair (vs. independents and private mechanics, their typical customer base.) Usual disclaimer, I have no idea if the rep is correct but it wouldn't surprise me as it must be a huge job to try to keep up with almost every vehicle made as they do.

Last edited:
Consider sending a message to a few of the Autel China sellers on eBay. Surprisingly, I've found their replies to my questions better than from Autel US.

ScoCan

I just purchases a MD808Pro to help with an ABS/ESP issue on our 906.155. Link to post.

This is my first time wrenching on the 906 infrastructure.

So far the MD808P has been very helpful. Linked google drive includes a number of photos of the unit in operation and the online interface you get access to once registered, along with manuals and spec sheet. I'm happy to answer questions to my knowledge base, which is admittedly limited.

Some specific notes:
  • Creating an account on Autel, registering the scanner, and downloading scan updates were all incredibly easy.
  • The unit uses a standard micro-sd, which can be removed and updated seperate from the unit
  • Alternately, the unit can be updated via a USB cable.
  • Power is supplied via either the USB or OBD cable, there are not batteries.
  • Feel is generally good. Lighter than I expected, but quite reasonable.
  • The screen is non-touch, but is clear, and easy to read.
  • Currently only covers pre 2016 sprinters.

Screen photos, specs, vehicle coverage, and online interface screen captures here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JOyrA017hdJ0GNMn2xct_Spl3tcBlB3q

Purchased off amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Autel-MaxiDiag-Combination-MaxiCheck-Registration/dp/B0714GBRZK

Last edited:

davo61

I purchased the MD 808 “non pro” in December 2017, after several visits to the dealer to clear my oil reset after I did my last oil change service, my 2007 Sprinter 2500 has never been able to reset the mileage reminder without a scan tool, even though the manual says I can, I couldn’t and everyone else who tried couldn’t either. So after 11 visits over the years, the dealer would clear it for me, took em a few minutes, I’d thank em and be on my way till the next year or so.
Well for some reason this last time I couldn’t get anybody to clear it for me, I’d show up, call, pop in when I was told a tech would be in, but it never panned out. Finally I thought I’d try some other dealers in the city, the nicest was Mercedes-Benz of Farmington. Quite a drive from my town but hey, I got to get this reset, down to about 400 miles left on the nag screen even though when I changed the oil it was around 800 miles left. Tried another Sprinter service Co that’s a little closer and he wanted to charge me $125.00 to reset the computer that I’m supposed to be able to do myself? I told him really? Where’s the savings in doing my own service if I need to pay that kind of money? It cost me around that much for my MB approved oil and filter? Plus I like doing everything I can do myself on this van then I know what’s going into it, plus I enjoy it.
Well the service adviser said bring it in and he’d do it this time for free, but next time he’d charge me, I brought it in and the tech had just left for lunch, apparently no one else had the knowledge to do it so I waited over an hour and the tech showed up, yes! Finally! I shared my situation with him and told him I hate begging people to reset my code around once a year but couldn’t see spending 5 grand on a scan tool, he said you can buy one like this for about $150 bucks, he proceeded to pull out the Autel 802? He said he preferred using the Autel over his Snap On? He cleared the oil reset in about 3 minuets, I tried to tip him for his help but he wouldn’t take it? Great tech that I’ll always remember. Got home and started searching Amazon for Autel scanners and for a little bit more $ decided on the MD 808, mainly because of the DPF feature it had, sorry for such a long post but I think this scan tool is the cats pajamas, I’d buy another in a heartbeat if needed. Just used it again last week when I went into limp mode & cel came on, scanner told me egr Position fault, I went around 30,000 miles since I cleaned my egr valve, my bad, I won’t wait that long again! I’d also like to thank the posters of so many great post that have helped me so much in learning A world of Knowledge about these vans, I have learned so much here and will continue to learn as I continue to read so much information that is in this Fourm! David

I will add my experience all be it limited.

I just purchased the MD808 pro and just used it on my new 2018. I can say that it cleared my SRS code. It was my own fault for the code, I took the driver seat out to access underneath for a trailer brake controller and turned the key on before re connecting the seat belt and air bag wiring. Anyway, the 808 pro did the trick. I hope the future uses will prove just as easy.

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
I will add my experience all be it limited.

I just purchased the MD808 pro and just used it on my new 2018. I can say that it cleared my SRS code. It was my own fault for the code, I took the driver seat out to access underneath for a trailer brake controller and turned the key on before re connecting the seat belt and air bag wiring. Anyway, the 808 pro did the trick. I hope the future uses will prove just as easy.
Where did you buy yours?
Cost?
My ‘18 should be arriving next week, want to be prepared.

eralimited57

2008 Sprinter 2500 170 Extended High Top 3.0L CRD
Just placed an order for the MD808 Pro from Home Depot website for $179 plus tax.

I like ordering from Home Depot because if there are any issues I can drive down the road to my local Home Depot and return it with no questions asked. I don't see that happening but it gives me peace of mind in knowing so.

tomquinn03

Just placed an order for the MD808 Pro from Home Depot website for $179 plus tax.

I like ordering from Home Depot because if there are any issues I can drive down the road to my local Home Depot and return it with no questions asked. I don't see that happening but it gives me peace of mind in knowing so.

Me too!! It just came Wednesday, I’ve not played with it yet. I thought it was funny the UPS delivery required an “over 21 signature.” It was a great price that ended 12/23 I think, so I grabbed one!

Tom

Top Bottom