OEM MB Roof Rail Install tips

Boxster1971

2012 Sprinter 3500 Ext
Thanks for the information. I called my local dealer and they said all those parts have been discontinued. How can this be? Are they the same for a 2018 van?
The the part numbers on these sites:

dirksgoat

It's still listed on Pelican Parts...

Keith.
So i contacted pelican parts, and was connected to the "sprinter guy" and he was not sure if that part was in stock or not. Told him the part number to double check and gave me another place called "rack and road" what in the world is up with these parts now. Also the other link provided is going to be over 600 bucks. if you add one of each part, it comes out to 300 and that still short some parts just for one side.

Boxster1971

2012 Sprinter 3500 Ext
So i contacted pelican parts, and was connected to the "sprinter guy" and he was not sure if that part was in stock or not. Told him the part number to double check and gave me another place called "rack and road" what in the world is up with these parts now. Also the other link provided is going to be over 600 bucks. if you add one of each part, it comes out to 300 and that still short some parts just for one side.
If you want the OEM rails from Mercedes they are going to be expensive.

An alternative are the Sprinter rook rails offered by Vantech USA.

Euro Campers as the 144" versions for sale at the moment for $222.

dirksgoat

If you want the OEM rails from Mercedes they are going to be expensive.

An alternative are the Sprinter rook rails offered by Vantech USA.

Euro Campers as the 144" versions for sale at the moment for $222.
I bought 3 different sets in 2018, same part number, 1 ebay, 1 from dealer, 1 from another website, all ranged 300-400 dollars. OEM equipment. I would prefer to stay OEM for other parts, awnings etc for fit. Thing is you cant get them. I hate to piece it together, the "kit" part number was the way to go. If someone stumbles across a dealer that still has it, let me know. Both Dealers in my area say they are discontinued.

braapbraap

I ordered some OEM MB roof rails for $315 from our local Freightliner dealer and they did not charge shipping since I was willing to wait for their next biweekly shipment. They came from California and were not packaged very well. Got a hole in the box but it didn’t damage the rails too bad.
Can i ask what dealer that was because i cant find any thx abunch

RowdyATX

Does anyone know if the part number is the same for a passenger van? And has anyone removed the entire headliner on a passenger van to install them? I’m a little nervous about screwing my van up:)

alyx

Does anyone know if the part number is the same for a passenger van? And has anyone removed the entire headliner on a passenger van to install them? I’m a little nervous about screwing my van up:)
Installing roof rails and insulating my 2019 Passenger as I type.

Funnest part was removing the AC housing in order to remove headliner.

Top Bottom