B 5 Diesel

grumman

I have a 2012 sprinter diesel V 6 and i am having trouble

finding B 5 Diesel.

Where you sprinter owner go for the right fuel?

If possible name of the brand and the state?

I am in Arizona now and will go to Florida in March

Thanks

Old Crows

Calypso 2014 View Profile
G, there must be 50 threads on Bio 5 diesel. Perhaps a search would be a good start rather than re-hashing the issue. It should not be a problem. In TX I use Shell or Valero. On the road, what ever is handy as long as it is ULSD. I''ll see if I can wrangle up the latest and most definitive discussion. Cheers.

Her Ya go Bud! Post 35 & 36 put a fine and accurate point on it....but take time to plow through them all...

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58536&page=4

(Moderators....perhaps a sticky for post 35/36 or the entire thread is in order.....?????)

Last edited:

jackfish

Why do you want B5 diesel? Any diesel pump with only ULSD labeling will contain no more than 5% biodiesel. When I was in Arizona and travelled to Louisiana I had no difficulty finding diesel with no more than 5% biodiesel. The right fuel was essentially everywhere.

Last edited:

grumman

What is the reason for searching for B 5 Diesel

On a lots of pumps it is marked

Contains biomass-based biodiesel in between 5 percent and 20 percent.

We are not suppose to use B 15 or B 20 biodiesel

Patrick

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder

Bobnoxious

GONE FISHING
What's the 15 mean?

Attachments

Moto Vita

I recently found a station that had only B-20, the Chevron on the AZ side of the border on I-10. Just up the road in Quartzite all the stations had #2. That's the first time, in traveling the western states, that I've found a bio only station (at least one that was marked that way).

Gpaw68

2015 144 4cyl high roof
I am in Arizona now and will go to Florida in March

Thanks
Look at the phone app for Loves and Flying J stations. Many of them in Florida are B10 or greater. I avoid them.
I did notice that the Wawa station I was at yesterday listed the cetane rating of the fuel. It would be nice if more stations would do that.

Moto Vita

Look at the phone app for Loves and Flying J stations. Many of them in Florida are B10 or greater. I avoid them.
I did notice that the Wawa station I was at yesterday listed the cetane rating of the fuel. It would be nice if more stations would do that.
All the truck stops I've been to out west have both, but we don't have B-10 out here, it's either B-5 or B-20. I always go the the car pumps, and have always found #2 there.

Top Bottom