Reversed 1st row bench seat

Just something that popped into my head this am.

Would it be possible to take the bench seat brackets in the floor and flip them around to where that seat would face the rear and you could have a "booth"?

Seems like it would work but before I even do measuring and everything, figured I'd post on here and see if anyone had done this yet.

Cheers
Chad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karson

When facing forward the seat offsets to the drivers side if reversed it offset to the passenger side leaving a space on the drivers side. If you did this you would probably be better off putting the 4 passenger set in that position since you would be blocking off the front cab anyway.

Yep i was kinda thinking that also! I have the 4 person seat in the front brackets right now and there's no space when the sliding door is shut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surlyoldbill

NO, because the cutout in the plywood floor prevents the brackets from being mounted backward (if I remember correctly). You can cut out MORE of the ply and do it, though. At least with the 2-seater. I think you have to move the front seats up a bit, and not recline much, too.

surlyoldbill

and as others pointed out, the middle bracket is offset so you can't flip the floor mounts and have it work. Maybe without the middle floor mount and just a space in the ply for the seat middle leg feet. Or modify the floor mounts so they bolt onto L-Track instead of into the factory floor bolt holes, then you could flip them around, change legroom, etc.

I did that when I added a seat to my Transit (removed middle leg because it was overkill).

Attachments

Top Bottom