Door auto lock troubleshoot how to

veganxxx

I was diagnosing the annoying double click/triple click to get the doors to lock on one of my vans. Since all the doors locked I knew the locking connector pins were making contact but the sensor ones were not. It turned out my sliding door sensor connectors had the wires broken off. For people looking to find where their problem lies here is a quick guide to make the process faster-

One back and front door there are two sets of pins mounted vertical to each other (top and bottom)

Top = door lock contacts
Bottom= door sensor contacts

So if your doors lock but the van still thinks they are open, follow the wiring of the bottom connectors

If one door doesn't lock with the auto lock, then follow the wiring for the top connector set of that door.

thinice

2005 tall 140WB 160K
Thanks for the info same problem here, wonder how you accessed wires. The switches (plunger in door, flat on the pillar) seem like kind of fragile plastic. I tried to remove them with some gentle prying but hesitated for fear of breaking them. They look like they might just snap in with barbs on edges? Do you have any good tips on how to remove them without damage.

veganxxx

Skinny Hands!

They are held in with four spring clips on the back of the plastic housing.

Take off the either sliding door or back door panel (whichever you are trying to access)

Reach inside the door to the back of the housings. I pressed the two clips that are accessible, so the ones closer to the inside edge of the door. Once pressed, I used a small flat head to pry that side out from the front and hold it so the clips didn't reengage. Then I just worked them back and forth by hand from behind and with the screwdriver from the front until the other clips released. You can work it at an angle and then the clips you can't get to no longer have a grip.

It appears they made them to never be serviced given the Chinese finger trap method of installation.

thinice

2005 tall 140WB 160K
Thanks Vegan, Good description, think I've got it. Sounds like fun for fat fingers. I'll file your information for a warm day. Need to pull off the panel and insulation.

Top Bottom