Remi Shades Offer from Heng's Industries

JHMooney

2018 Unity MB
We love our Remis. They are a bit finicky, especially the plastic strip magnets that peel off under excessive heat. I plan to replace them with a few little neodymium magnets epoxied in place. That should fix the issue for good.
Fixed mine with clear, non-foaming Gorilla glue. I live in the desert and the magnets haven't come loose since I glued them down a year ago. They work really well but you do have to be careful folding them when they have been in the open position for an extended period to be sure they are folding correctly into the frame. As for keeping the front one closed, mine were installed by LTV and included a little U shaped clamp that attached across where the blinds split with velcro. The clip keeps them closed nicely.

I also have a reflective sun shade I use when it's really hot or cold. It fits between the glass and the Remis.

avanti

2014 GWV Legend 3500 I4
Fixed mine with clear, non-foaming Gorilla glue. I live in the desert and the magnets haven't come loose since I glued them down a year ago. They work really well but you do have to be careful folding them when they have been in the open position for an extended period to be sure they are folding correctly into the frame. As for keeping the front one closed, mine were installed by LTV and included a little U shaped clamp that attached across where the blinds split with velcro. The clip keeps them closed nicely.
Glad to hear the Gorilla glue works. Thanks. That will be useful for repairing the side shades.

My aspirations for the neodymium magnets involve making the front shades stay closed as they were intended to--without a "band aid" clip. The original design was clearly inadequate, even when new. Those magnet strips are a 20th Century technology, and not up to the task. A few tiny modern magnets should do the job--at least I hope so.

Scarecrow

2017 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
One solution that I found for the magnetic strips releasing prematurely under high heat or cold...
As always, anything using the 3M VHB Tape works best if you clean/treat the surface with their own Adhesion Promoters.

Can be...
Primer 94
Adhesion Promoter 111
Universal Primer UV
Plastic Adhesive 2262
Adhesion Promoter N-200J
Automotive Adhesion Promoter 06396 (usually in those small packets)

Whichever you can find. You can find these on Amazon, in certain kits at Home Depot, or elsewhere online. Each of these works best on certain materials, but all would do in a pinch. Do not clean the surface with Windex. Use a degreaser, instead.

Once I used 94 on my Remi strips, they have stayed stuck for good. I keep a small can onboard for other uses, like adhering Velcro Strips in certain places. Wipe on the solution. Let dry. Stick the tape.

Last edited:

Top Bottom