Wire connected to brake fuse.

R!ley

2006 SHC Wagon 140
Hello, have a curious question if anyone could help.

I removed the fuse panel on the steering column to check for any blown fuses and noticed this yellow wire attached to the brake fuse. Any ideas as to what purpose this may serve? Attached a couple of photos. Thanks!

Attachments

trailer lights?
My guess too.

Is there a brake controller?

It looks like the yellow wire heads out through the firewall. It is tough to tell with pictures though.

Added:
Be aware that if the yellow wire has been forced into the fuse connector it has likely spread the fuse connector spring tabs. Related to the clip design, removing the wire may result in an intermittent connection.

vic

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The brake fuse is not powered up when you step on the brakes, it's powered by the "ignition on" circuits.
The brake pedal switch then passes its voltage/current to the rear lights (one set of contacts) and the anti-lock brake controller (2nd set of contacts).
If you don't have ESP, there's a 3rd set of contacts.

That yellow wire could be powering *anything* ... stepping on the brakes gives it a path to ground (through the bulbs and trailer socket).
If your brake light wiring or socket is shorted out (bus bars in a rear lamp unit can break free), then stepping on the brakes may be pulling that yellow wire down towards 0v quite a bit (but should blow the fuse, too).

--dick

Possibly aftermarket alarm - remote start system. Look under dash and or follow wire to location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R!ley

2006 SHC Wagon 140
I believe my issue is a crank sensor that needs to be replaced - since nothing else points to the immobilizer Start Error. Months of brain waste here, instead of being honest upfront to help one another…while on the road! Please go back to sleep so that you don't hurt someone else!https://sprinter-source.com/forum/images/smilies/bash.gif

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
To put the smilies into your text, place a colon, the smilies' name, and then another colon
: drool : (without the spaces) gets you :drool:

--dick :cheers:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I believe my issue is a crank sensor that needs to be replaced - since nothing else points to the immobilizer Start Error. Months of brain waste here, instead of being honest upfront to help one another…while on the road! Please go back to sleep so that you don't hurt someone else! :bash:
If it runs, but doesn't start, it can be a faulty cam shaft sensor instead of the crank sensor.
Yes, a bad crank sensor will also prevent starting.
(a bad crank sensor will *kill* the engine if it fails once started... a camshaft sensor won't)

Glad you are happy,,,but your web site lacks!
It's not "my" web site, i just play here. (guilt by association?)

--dick

Top Bottom