30 1/8 frame hitch 2008 Dodge Sprinter Van 3500 3.0 V6 engine w/ dually

blackfeather

Hi everyone,

Seems like I'm the lucky one here. Just bought a 2008 Dodge Sprinter Van 3500 3.0L V6 to convert into a livable home. I'm trying to put a trailer hitch on the back to haul my car on a trailer back to California (from Utah). I dropped the Sprinter off at a uhaul and they mentioned that none of their hitches would fit.

They said that I had a custom frame with a 30 3/8" outer frame width and 25" inner frame width. I googled around and the only hitches I can find are the ones that say "Does NOT support 30 3/8" frames" To the first person who shows me where I can buy a hitch online or gives a solution that does not include cutting and welding, I will seriously paypal/venmo you $25 instantly.

Also, does anyone know why my frame is a different size compared to others?

Attachments

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
I know 3500 vans have a different frame width, and thicker "frame" metal. That may be the difference?

Cutting and welding a hitch to adjust the width should be easy work...

D

Deleted member 86082

Hi everyone,

Seems like I'm the lucky one here. Just bought a 2008 Dodge Sprinter Van 3500 3.0L V6 to convert into a livable home. I'm trying to put a trailer hitch on the back to haul my car on a trailer back to California (from Utah). I dropped the Sprinter off at a uhaul and they mentioned that none of their hitches would fit.

They said that I had a custom frame with a 30 3/8" outer frame width and 25" inner frame width. I googled around and the only hitches I can find are the ones that say "Does NOT support 30 3/8" frames" To the first person who shows me where I can buy a hitch online or gives a solution that does not include cutting and welding, I will seriously paypal/venmo you $25 instantly.

Also, does anyone know why my frame is a different size compared to others?

Hello, did you ever find a hitch that fit?
I'm in the same situation.

Thx

Joe

Patoruzu

Hello, Anyone have an answer to this one? i have the same 30 3/8 frame, cant find a hitch for it. why different frame spacing?

thx

D

Deleted member 86082

Hello, Anyone have an answer to this one? i have the same 30 3/8 frame, cant find a hitch for it. why different frame spacing?

thx
Yup, I bought one from the dealer. Very expensive but was my only option.

SVE7557

Know this is super old but will help someone. We just put Curt #13375 on a 2023 Dually Sprinter. It comes with metal plates that fill in the gap. The hitch is designed for the factory step. If you don't have it. It will stick out. Not the best pictures but it will work. I would think this hitch would work most older models as well besides the original Sprinter.

Attachments

Top Bottom