Is Advanced-RV now offering the shorter 2500 Sprinter 144" wheelbase?

Gereshom-01

Hi there!

Can anyone tell me whether Advanced-RV are now building on the shorter Sprinter 2500 144" chassis. I saw on their website that they had build one for a customer. I have contacted them by email but am still waiting to hear back from them.

I was also looking at Sportsmobile (another great company!) but to be honest, I am more impressed with Advanced-RV; especially, of the innovative philosophy on stealth with tech' and of the quality of their cabinetry work.

Thanks and happy travels!

Gereshom

Last edited:

Gereshom-01

Dear FlyingDiver,

I had contacted ARV, last year, about building on the 2500 chassis, and (at the time) they were adamant that they would ONLY build on the 3500.

Have they now changed their policy?

If so, this is BRILLIANT news and I'm sure they've just opened up a HUGE extra market for themselves for the much smaller vehicle.

If true, (I'm still awaiting an answer from ARV) this is making me VERY excited! :clapping:

Thanks for your reply,

Gereshom

Gereshom-01

I've just received *** CONFIRMATION *** from ARV. :clapping:

This is EXCELLENT news!

Hi Gereshom!

Thank you for your inquiry!

Yes, we did build our first ARV on a 2500 chassis. And we are certainly ready to build on more of them!

Gereshom-01

Davydd,

Yes, I saw this, some time ago, and couldn't quite believe what I was seeing. I immediately contacted ARV but was told, at the time, that it was a "one off". But now.... they seem to understand that there really is a GROWING market out there for the smaller sized and daily vehicle.

Thank you so much because it was on your earlier recommendations that I also contacted a company in Germany; CS-Reisemobile who are an impeccable company also. But, I prefer the unique philosophy of Mike's at ARV on "stealth with tech"; and the overall quality.

They're certainly not cheap though!

God bless you for posting your reply.

Gereshom

Last edited:

Davydd

I was just at Advanced RV this week. They have no definite plans to introduce a 144" WB model Sprinter anytime soon. This was a one-off that has inspired an active RV. They plan to introduce a MB Metris Van conversion with a poptop roof aimed for the active crowd. It won't be customizable like their Sprinters because they hope to keep the cost down to attract families and Millennials.

Saying that, they are a company that can change on dime, so never say never. I advanced the idea of a short Sprinter as my next RV. I too was inspired by the CS-Reisemobile offerings. I saw a DUO in Canada on the Alaska Highway I liked and have been thinking about the possibilities ever since. I would have to design my own and convince them to build it. They executed my articulating bed concept and have built many more. Just maybe. But I would first have to convince my wife. :)

Gereshom-01

Hello Davydd, (Isn't that near to the Welsh spelling Dafydd = David ?)

Anyway, we could talk all evening: :smirk: CS-Reisemobile is a wonderful company but I always find that "flexibility" is sometimes lacking, when it boils down to it: NOT so, God willing, with ARV; so it seems!

ADVANCED-RV have confirmed to me, by email, and after agreeing for me to send them a 7-page PDF file of my 3 years of designing and researching companies; both in Europe and in the States. Remarkably, many of the companies matched ARV's ever evolving palette of incredibly innovative inventors and engineering companies. I am excited for them! They have said that they will talk with me when I am ready to start the process. I have also been in touch with a company about getting a small Kimberley Wood Stove installed that will double up as a cook top and water hearter; as well as a cosy small wood burner.

When I am ready to take "the plunge" it would be super to meet up. I prefer to fly over and meet everyone at ARV personally and discuss the designs etc... .

Thanks for your reply and all your good advice on this and other forums!

God bless you Davydd

Gerehsom

Last edited:

Davydd

Davydd is an English spelling of the Welsh Dafydd for David. The Welsh have no "v' in their alphabet. Sharon Kay Penman was an English writer of historical Welsh fiction novels who adapted that spelling and I had been reading her novels. In 1988 I was a beta tester for the new America Online graphic interface software and we were to chose a screen name for the first time at the stroke of midnight. I got aced out by the chief programmer of the AOL software named David. Not wanting David2 for a screen name I chose Davydd and it has been my online moniker or address ever since on Apple, Facebook, Twitter and anywhere else. I have a Welsh genealogy history of ancestors through my Owen ancestors from Dogellau, Wales who came to America in 1682 as part of the William Penn Quaker settlement in Pennsylvania.

Gereshom-01

Diolch am eich ateb! (Thanks for your reply!)

I spent most of my schooling in an English county that formerly used to be part of Wales and spoke Welsh but now speaks English and the people have forgotten why we have so many none English words in our dialect. After studying Linguistics I realised that the people who deride our accent and the different words we have is because we are, in fact, speaking a mixture of English with old Welsh Gaelic.

ADVANCED-RV sent me another lovely email today, from Brittany. I hope, God willing, this all comes together!

Have a great day what ever the time is where you are.

Gereshom

Last edited:

Davydd

Advanced RV is going all in now with the short 144" WB Sprinter. They have at least five 4x4s underway. So far they have been different depending on the owner's desires. This is our proposal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsD4UvfLVAA&t=4s

We are trying to pack into a short van all amenities not found in other short vans such as a NovaKool 6.8 CF 2 door refrigerator/freezer, microwave, Keurig coffee maker, larger kitchen galley, bigger than normal wet bath 30" x 38", storage for two bicycles inside and at least 800ah of lithium ion batteries. We also anticipate still large fresh, grey and black water tanks. In continuing to name my ARV vans after famous 20th Century architects, I've dubbed this one Mies after Mies van der Rohe who famously quoted "Less is more." The idea of a shorter van (5 foot shorter) is a challenge and change of pace.

Recently Advanced RV posted this video about the design team working on the short van.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P74XV_oMKd4

Davydd

I put a deposit down with ARV for a 2500 144 2019 Sprinter. They have my design. Now to make it work. I hope.

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
I put a deposit down with ARV for a 2500 144 2019 Sprinter. They have my design. Now to make it work. I hope.

Congratulations on moving forward. Does ARV have any info on availability of the 2019 Sprinters?

Looking forward to see the details of your build.

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
They had no new information as of the end of August on the 2019 Sprinter.

David - are you planning to get the 2L, 4-cylinder gasoline engine in your new Sprinter? I was just looking up details of that M274 engine and discovered they are made in Tennessee. The M274 is widely used in the Mercedes and Nissan-Infiniti line. Looks like a sweet power plant.

Davydd

I got the dreaded 10 starts message for DEF only I added DEF but it didn’t reset. What’s worse it happened at Michign’s UP over 500 miles from home. Gas is looking better. :)

Top Bottom