OIL LEAK :: INSIGHT

gwhomp

Hi,
Looking for help with a oil leak that has appeared after service with local dealer. My 2003 Sprinter was dropped for 200k service at the dealer and they confirmed that the intake manifold recall had not been performed...which I went ahead with. Upon receipt I put 1000 miles on the Sprinter and noticed immediate oil loss and began monitoring the situation. Another 1000 miles and it became apparent that a significant oil leak was contributing to the oil loss. I've contacted the dealer and am scheduling time for them to to rectify the situation. From what I can gather, the oil leak appears to be around the intake manifold. I would like to confirm the leaks location prior to taking the Sprinter in. I've attached pictures and can take more to help the assessment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark

Attachments

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
My 1st guess would be the oil cap is not tight, MINE never sat in that direction,
and yes the oil filter o-ring leak is more probable.
i don't think the air intake manifold comes in contact with oil , only coolant

Last edited:

glasseye

I agree. Wherever the leak, once the oil is liberated, it'll get blown everywhere. I'd do a thorough cleanup and drive fast somewhere for ten minutes and inspect.

Top Bottom