Rear canopy for sprinter barn doors

Berg

The TPLennon design looks far superior to the Ripplewear design to me. It will shed water during a rain whereas rainwater will collect on top of the Ripplewear design until it collapses. I'm sure Transit owners such as myself would also be interested.

Yep, this Transit owner would also be interested [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TPLennon

LooseRocks - Your pics made me laugh so hard my son ran over to see what I was looking at. Thanks for the suggestions!

ESC2SNTY - Awesome, you are on my list.

Transit Owners - I should be able to make it work for you too - I'll just need to get some Transit time to make sure I can find a good way to seal out the rain and hold it in place.

LIVING TODAY

I ALSO WOULD BE INTERESTED ( FIGURE OUT COST AND SHIPPING )
- WHAT MATERIAL WOULD YOU USE?
- LOOKS NICE AND TIGHT
- CAN YOU ADD A MOSQUITO NET THAT HAS A MAGNET CENTER CLOSING!

ianwebb

I'm interested. I've been contemplating this for a while. You've come up with an elegant solution. 1+ for GeorgeRa's comments.

TPLennon

I found a picture of the prototype canopy in the stuff sack. The sheet of paper in the picture is standard 8.5 x 11" for scale.

Cover Stuff Sack 2.jpg

I'm experimenting with making it so the poles don't have to be removed for faster canopy installation. This would likely affect the final packed shape.

Last edited:

AdventureAwaits

A rip stop nylon would be my choice, Sunbrella would be in my view an overkill. You could consider your potential solution of a removable extra rear fabric as a cover for an outdoor shower, for folks with transom shower (from knees up) this would be important.

This would get me interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TPLennon

Hi All - Quick update, I've been working on the next iteration that incorporates the request for a new privacy screen (which also extends out into a rear canopy). I'll hopefully have a post worthy picture shortly. In the mean time here is a picture from my prototyping station (that sits over the washer and drier in the basement):
Van Awning Prototype Process.png

TPLennon

:thumbup: Next to the sewing machine it is the most frequently used tool on this project (not that I would ever make a mistake). :yell:

D

Deleted member 86082

Hi there.

I would also be interested in this set up. I'm thinking that I could put the bed on a slider and roll it out for more room in the van. What do you think?

Joe

eradikate

Late to the party but also extremely interested in rear door canopy for rain protection and showering. Looks like maybe in your design a lightweight piece of material could be easily hung from the cross pole for some privacy. Also was wondering about efficacy of an all-weather, ski-bag type duffle that could store the canopy and ride attached to the back end of a roof rack, be unzipped and unrolled right over the rear doors.

Top Bottom