- Heated/Insulating glass with windshield band
- Overhead control panel with 2 reading lamps
- Collision prevention assist
- Blind spot assist
- Lane keep assist
- Highbeam assist
- Automatic headlamps and windshield wipers
CL3 - Leather steering wheel
CT1 - Vibration dampener (for rear leafs)
D03 - High roof
D13 - Mounting rails for roof rack
E28 - Additional battery for retrofit
- Cutoff relay for additional battery
ED4 - AGM Battery (850CCA / 95Ah)
FY1 - Security alarm with interior motion sensor
H12 - Heater, Auxiliary front 5KW w/Timer
- Auxiliary heater sending unit
HY1 - Remote control for auxiliary heater
MT4 - High idle (driver adustable)
- Programmable special module
N62 - Pulley for additional alternator
Q24 - Cross member with 5000lbs tow capacity
VC5 - Aluminum entrance panel (sliding door)
W78 - Fixed window with washers/wipers (rear doors)
- Rear window defroster
- Cable duct on side wall
- Storage compartment with net (rear doors)
- cable duct on rear wall
ZH4 - Downhill speed regulator
T12 - Two stage sliding door
T85 - Assist handle, left rear door
T86 - Assist handle, right rear door
LB9 - Illuminated sliding door exit
R98 - Painted steel wheels, black

ALBUM
http://imgur.com/a/370tD

Last edited:
MECHANICAL
- Puma 12V Air Compressor (with water separator and tank of sorts) - PURCHASED
- ARB Differential Breather Kit - PURCHASED

Suspension
- Van-Compass front fox remote reservoir shocks with CDV - INSTALLED
- Van-Compass rear fox remote reservoir shocks with CDV - INSTALLED
- Van-Compass rear add-a-leaf - INSTALLED

ELECTRICAL
Solar and Battery Charging
- Victron (via AM Solar) solar system (panels, management, inverter, batteries) - PURCHASED

Stereo / Sound System
- Pioneer stereo head unit, DVD Bypass, iPod Cable, Cameras, extra AC Cable, Double DIN Dash Kit - INSTALLED
- Pioneer 10" Shallow Mount Subwoofer (x2) - INSTALLED
- JBL GTO938 6x9" (x2) - PURCHASED
- JBL GTO18T 1-Inch My-Ti Edge-Driven Tweeter (x2) - INSTALLED
- JBL GTO638 6.5-Inch 3-Way Speaker (x2) - INSTALLED
- Pioneer GM-D9601 2400W Mono Block Amplifier (for subwoofers) - INSTALLED
- Pioneer GM-D8604 4-Channel Amplifier (for speakers) - INSTALLED
- Rockford Fosgate 2Farad Capacitor - INSTALLED
- Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Amp Wiring Kit - INSTALLED
- Install Gear Power Splitter Block - INSTALLED

Fuse Block / Wiring

Lighting
- Lightforce XGT 240 Lights (x3 - soon to be HID with upgrade kit from TRS) - Mounted on the front removable bar with bar clamps - PURCHASED
- Lightforce Striker 170 HID 'fog' lights - PURCHASED
- Morimoto 50" LED Light Bar - PURCHASED
- Rigid Dually LED Flush Mount Reverse Lights - PURCHASED
- Tuff LED Single LED Pods for Rock Lights (x8) - PURCHASED

HVAC
- Webasto Dual Evo 6 air / water diesel fired heater (with digital display) - PURCHASED
- Webasto diesel fired cook top - PURCHASED
- DC Airco 12V 9001 Air Conditioner - PURCHASED
- MaxAir Vent MaxxAir (x1) - PURCHASED

INSIDE
- Recaro Ergomed ES (x2) - INSTALLED
- Weathertech mats - INSTALLED
- ARB 50L Fridge / Freezer x2 - PURCHASED
- Cramer / Dometic Trash Bin - PURCHASED
- Lev-O-Gage (x2) - PURCHASED

Water System
-Thetford C220-CS Cassette Toilet - PURCHASED
- standing shower - TBA
- drinking water tank - 35 Gallons - PURCHASED
- grey water tank - 30 Gallons - PURCHASED
- Dometic sink- PURCHASED
- Sink Tap - PURCHASED

OUTSIDE
- roof rack - TBA
- Fiamma F65s 320 Deep Black Awning - INSTALLED
- Weathertech window vents - INSTALLED
- Van-Compass ladder for roof rack access - PURCHASED
- WARN Zeon 10-S 10,000 lbs Winch with 100' synthetic line (with wiring kit extension and wireless remote) - INSTALLED
- Ranger Chafe Guard for Synthetic Winch Lines - INSTALLED
- Factor55 Flatlink Shackle Mount - INSTALLED
- MaxTrax (x4) and MaxTrax Pins for mounting - INSTALLED

Vehicle Armour
- Aluminess front bumper - INSTALLED
- Aluminess rear bumper - INSTALLED
- Van Compass full skid plate (front, belly, gas tank) - INSTALLED
- Van Compass rock sliders - PURCHASED

Wheels and Tires
- Black Rhino York Matte Gunmetal Wheels (17x8) - SUMMER USE
- 315/75R16 Yokohama G072 Snow Tires on OEM Steel Wheels - WINTER USE

Last edited:
Souldb,
I am starting to plan a 3500 Long Body 4X4 build with most of the same equipment you are using. I am probably a year away from pulling the trigger but am very interested in your build. My intent is a winterized ski base camp for both inbounds and back country powder chasing. I have access to great fabrication and electrical resources as I work at a company that builds custom automation equipment so I intend to do much of the work myself.
I will be following your posts closely so please share your experiences as you go through your project. It should be easy right?

Last edited:
Souldb,
I am starting to plan a 3500 Long Body 4X4 build with most of the same equipment you are using. I am probably a year away from pulling the trigger but am very interested in your build. My intent is a winterized ski base camp for both inbounds and back country powder chasing. I have access to great fabrication and electrical resources as I work at a company that builds custom automation equipment so I intend to do much of the work myself.
I will be following your posts closely so please share your experiences as you go through your project. It should be easy right?
Now you get it! All of my projects start off with 'oh ya no problem - should be easy!'

I'll try to post up my progress, I have a couple threads to keep track of so hopefully I find the effort to make sure they're up to date.

My main concern right now is the battery system - I've come to the realization I probably need some help to ensure I have all of the right components and it's wired up safely. I should probably contact someone at Victron to help me...

On a more interesting note, the Chip Express tuning module just showed up - should be interesting to see what it actually does!! Also picked up my sliding door T vent window from CRL Laurence (rather, a local dealer of theirs) and I hope to get it installed this weekend if my old man feels up to it. I had to buy a new air sawzall but everyone likes new toys!

Sprinterkris

My 2017 144 4WD is on the truck. Upfit starts in August. Freightliner.

I didn't want a black water tank. Decided on dry-flush.com toilet. Also on Lowe's on-line. AC/DC battery 25#. Can be set outside van at camp.

Installed my CRL Laurence window on the passenger sliding door - relatively straight forward installation. Lots of trial fits to ensure that I was taking material out of the right spots - got it to seal no problem (I think... a real rain storm will truly tell!) and it sure holds tight. Happy with the fit and finish.

Starting to cut

Using glazing pucks on the outside while I cut from the inside

Cut out complete

Window installed!

CRL Laurence for the win!

CRL Laurence T Vent open

CRL Laurence T Vent open side profile

Also got around to installing my Chip Express tuning module as it arrived on Friday and since it's a straight forward installation I was able to make it happen on my lazy day. 20 mins later and its installed! It will bump me up about 30hp and 50 ft*lbs on setting one and up to 51hp and 91 ft*lbs on setting 3. Should be good for when I get my little Fiesta ST hooked up and am towing through some mountains! I have a long drive ahead of me tomorrow to Montana to collect parts, I'm very interested to see how it runs.

Tuning Module

Fuel Rail Sensor

Fuel Rail Sensor Close Up

Tuning Module Wiring Harness

Tuning Moduel Wiring Harness # 2

Family photo!

Last edited:
Where are you planning on putting your webasto dual top?? Inside, or where the spare is?
Inside - I want to use the van in 4 seasons so I'm trying to keep everything inside.

Spare wheel will most likely end up being a secondary fuel tank - with all my accessories being diesel powered (cooktop, dual top) I want to be sure I am packing in more fuel than I could ever need.

Lots of projects to consider - I really need to get my head wrapped around the electrical system as I've been procrastinating on it due to the fact it's not my strong suit and I can tackle other projects I'm more comfortable with.

bobloblaw

Do you know what fresh water pump you will be using for the dual top? I'm trying to figure that one out myself as I believe the dual top doesn't accept a water pressure above ~30 PSI or something.

Do you know what fresh water pump you will be using for the dual top? I'm trying to figure that one out myself as I believe the dual top doesn't accept a water pressure above ~30 PSI or something.
Hmm... I have not thought that far in advance! I was going to get all of my large units installed and then worry about plumbing them in afterwards. Cross that bridge when I get there sorta thing.

I will certainly have to look in to which pump is suitable for a feed pump though - I'll continue to keep this thread up to date as best I can.

Time for some progress updates!

I have wired in my secondary battery disconnect switch - shuts off power to the van so it's 'dead in the water' so to speak. Hard to steal when you can't figure out why it doesn't have power!

So, some pictures of that set up:

BlueSea Battery Disconnect

Ring Terminals with heat shrink

Ring Terminals Connected to the Switch

Wire exposed for Wire-to-Wire connector

Stock Battery Wiring Cut - Negative Post

Wire-to-Wire Connector (one end)

Wire-to-Wire Connector

Wire-to-Wire Connector

Wire-to-Wire Connector - sheath protection

Wire-to-Wire Connector - completed

Negative Post Marine Terminal

Negative Post Wiring Complete

Next up is my BlueSea fuse block, Bussman 100A breaker and Hella relay block wired in where the secondary battery used to be. I'm making an aluminum plate for them to sit on and it should bolt up. I need to get it wired in as I'd like to have both of my cameras going (front and rear) and they require a secondary power source. In order for them to not be powered all the time I have tapped in to a fuse block under the driver seat which seems to come on only when the ignition is on. So, that can trigger a relay and I can use the output for it for all of my low power draw items such as switch power, cameras etc.

Last edited:

171rocks

Can you share why you selected the DC Airco 12V 9001 Air Conditioner as well as the process you went through to purchase the unit?

I've been looking at the same unit and would be interested in any insight you have regarding the lower BTU rating versus the 13.5K units on most RVs as well as the DC vs AC efficiency.

Did you consider other DC units?

Can you share why you selected the DC Airco 12V 9001 Air Conditioner as well as the process you went through to purchase the unit?

I've been looking at the same unit and would be interested in any insight you have regarding the lower BTU rating versus the 13.5K units on most RVs as well as the DC vs AC efficiency.

Did you consider other DC units?
I went with the DC Airco unit as it was basically the only DC option I could find - I want to run this off of my lithium battery bank directly and figured it would be the most efficient way to do so. There didn't seem to be any other vendors with a product similar to this one...

The kicker for me is being able to leave the AC on while the vehicle is off. I have a labrador and as she ages she's not up for as many adventures (me either to be honest...) and so I want the option to leave her in the AC van while I go out for a few hours. That and being able to use it myself to set the temperature in the evening so I can sleep!

I went with their smaller option as I wanted the lower power draw - their 13.5kw unit would just suck too much power for my taste. If I had a larger van then perhaps I would consider it but for now, with my 144WB and lots of insulation I should be fine. While outfitting the van I'll be reducing the air volume just by placing all my crap in it. It's all an experiment but I have faith!

Purchasing was relatively straight forward - I had to place my faith in the fact that DC Airco seems to be a reputable company in Europe but never catered to North America. Getting the unit shipped over was a bit of a hassle as it has to come via air freight which can get expensive fast - thankfully it wasn't so bad ($600?) but the worst part was the handling fee for the receiver. Their storage fees were something insane like $120 per day. Had to get it outta there quickly!

As the build progresses I will add it on - the roof rack has to utilize 3 solar panels while going around the DC Airco unit and my MaxxAir fan.

OffroadHamster

Looking good so far. Just a FYI imgur lets you scale your picture so they dont extend beyond a normal browser window and makes viewing easier for people trying to check out your build. When you are copying the links there is a place to set picture size in the lower right "Huge Thumbnail" is a good size for being able to view the complete image.

That is a pretty raw Yota you have parked next to the sprinter. I used to own an FJ60 that was tripple locked on 35's...I dearly miss that truck, although it got old yanking the jeeps out of the rough stuff ;)

Looking good so far. Just a FYI imgur lets you scale your picture so they dont extend beyond a normal browser window and makes viewing easier for people trying to check out your build. When you are copying the links there is a place to set picture size in the lower right "Huge Thumbnail" is a good size for being able to view the complete image.

That is a pretty raw Yota you have parked next to the sprinter. I used to own an FJ60 that was tripple locked on 35's...I dearly miss that truck, although it got old yanking the jeeps out of the rough stuff ;)
Thanks for the imgur heads up - in regards to pictures, is there any way to actually embed them on this forum? In my posts all I can come up with are links offsite to the pictures and not actually having them on my build page. Bit off topic but if you can help I'd appreciate it.

The 4Runner is my money pit - cutting it up has given me confidence to do the Sprinter. Definitely learned a lot on the Yota and it's done everything I've asked of it. It does have a leaky nose cone off the supercharger and is due for a timing belt so I'm not using it much right now. Just got the garage cleared out from a painting project and have to change the Fiesta ST oil before I pull the 4Runner back in. Seems like I just got the 12" rear shocks rebuilt and it back on the road!! With 3 modified vehicles the projects never end.

Updates on the Sprinter are that I've got my fuse block, breaker and relay block all wired in - first relay is triggered off of ignition power and I've got two cameras utilizing it right now. 1amp fuse does the trick.

That brings me to the head unit - got the Pioneer unit installed but am having issues with the antenna. Does the anyone know if the Sprinter actually has a 'standard' antenna plug coming from the one on the roof? Did not seem obvious when I had my dash apart and, of course, when I plug it all in I don't have FM radio. So, I'll end up buying a radio antenna I think. Cheap fix but still annoying...

Seats are out, front floor is out - time to add some Dynamat while I am in there. Tomorrows project I think.... Swivel seats and seats should be this weekend. Can't wait to get them installed as I've been waiting on these Reimo seat swivels for a long time. Apparently container boats don't move that fast!

OffroadHamster

Your images are embedded, its your settings on how you view the forum that is causing you problems. Click "User CP" Under settings and options on the left click edit options, the scroll down to Thread Display Options and click "Show Images"

I dont know why that isnt the default on this forum.

Whatever you do, dont start the van with the seats out. It will log an Airbag SRS warning and only the dealer can clear it. Ask me how I know.....:censored:

Last edited:
Your images are embedded, its your settings on how you view the forum that is causing you problems. Click "User CP" Under settings and options on the left click edit options, the scroll down to Thread Display Options and click "Show Images"

I dont know why that isnt the default on this forum.

Whatever you do, dont start the van with the seats out. It will log an Airbag SRS warning and only the dealer can clear it. Ask me how I know.....:censored:
My Recaro seats don't have side impact airbags so.... SRS warning it is! I just hope it doesn't affect the other airbags.

Top Bottom