sliding door noise/rattle/creak

jayreilly

Hi All,

I have a 2017 144 passenger van, 4x4...

I have sliding door rattle, creak and noise. If I am on super smooth freeway, its nice and quiet but when i drive on back roads it just rattles... its its normal, then no big deal, i can live with it and embrace the utility van sound.. but I feel like something might need adjusted...

Anyone deal with anything similar? Maybe a small tweak might make it a bit better??

Thanks in advance!

Jay

We close and latch ours. Then stuff a folded dish towel in the gap between back of door and pocket jamb. Dead silent on back roads. HTH

Meikodel

From Inside, check if your door sits flush when closed and if you can push it out at the top. The latch pin may need adjusted. Also at the front of the sliding door there are some cone shaped locating pins which slide into the recesses in the door pillar. Try some silicone grease on these. That's what fixed my creak/rattle. There was a thread about adjustment of the latch pin on here previously. you should find it using the search function. Good luck. I know how annoying mine was.

Last edited:
Mine creaks if I don’t close the door very firmly. From the inside, I can detect a little movement when I push in the upper rear corner when it is not shut well. Same with the rear doors. A soft shut reveals some small gaps in the door seal when it’s darkninside and light outside. A firm close leaves no trace of light (gap).

Vcwaterman

BEST video/info I have found to date that helps address this issue. Thanks for sharing. I have 130K+ miles on my 2015 NCV3 4x4 144. It’s my every day driver. I have complained about this to two separate dealerships that were unable to diagnose and remediate. MBZ service is suspect in my book...

jdl8r

My 2019 van (low roof) makes terrible noise and I do not have the upper latch pin. Any other ideas?
It's more of a clunk than a rattle...

Top Bottom