Snorkel for 2001 4x4 sprinter

TotalComp

Hi folks,

Anyone know where I could purchase a snorkel for a 2001 Sprinter? I have seen them for 2006 and up...

Also interested in a roof rack system for a double cab.

Thanks!

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
Snorkels are not sold for these Sprinters because Sprinters were not designed for water deeper than 4" The electrical system is too finicky to be submerged because of a CANBUS system and non-waterproofing. Every Sprinter that has been submerged over hubs in the USA has to be given a flooded/salvage title

TotalComp

That's some good info on the waterlevel and the electronics. . I was more thinking about raising the intake higher up to avoid most dust from vehicles driving in front of me on gravel roads.

Tooth Fairy

Away with the fairies.
TI was more thinking about raising the intake higher up to avoid most dust from vehicles driving in front of me on gravel roads.
Same reason I fitted mine.

There is a current thread on the forum about snorkel fitting, apparently only wankers fit then........:laughing:

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Following with interest.

The sprinters intake is already fairly high, so shallow water crossing isn't a big deal if you go slow.

The dust thing is definitely a good reason. I believe sealing the fender panel where is meets the wheel well will prevent a lot of dust from being pulled up into the intake (which is behind the fender).

Maybe some used parts can be found on german Ebay?

Top Bottom