Plastic smartbar, rear lightbar

stevef

Hi all

I have just purchased a 2013 316 ex-ambo.

It has the plastic smartbar/bullbar fitted and I was wanting to take it off and fit an original front bar.

Does anyone know where I could buy a complete original front bar?

And would anyone like to buy the smartbar?

Also has anyone removed the rear spoiler/lightbar from a 2013 model.
Is it screwed on from under the roof ?
This would also be for sale if anyone is interested.

Regards Steve

Eric Experience

Steve.
My first though was why, but you must have a reason. The smart bar is worth about $2.5K. Our friends in the USA would love to have it. The rear light bar is not worth much, it is bolted and glued on and is hard to get off without breaking it. Eric.

stevef

Thanks for the reply Eric. I live I the city and I don't need the bullbar and in my opinion I think its ugly so its got to go.

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
What colour is the bar? I find the black one looks good, but the white one looks hideous.

stevef

I have removed the rear light bar from the new van. It looks so much better.
So the rear light bar is for sale if anyone wants it make me an offer.

stevef

Smart bar removed new bumper and nudge bar fitted. Looks better in my opinion.

Does anyone want to buy a smart bar with hella lights all reasonable offers considered.

DanielMenne

Hey guys,
Bought an ex ambulance a while ago and now I’m thinking about removing the rear light bar/spoiler. And I wonder if there’ll be wholes in the roof or just the glue and how the roof will Look afterwards.

Cheers Daniel

Eric Experience

Daniel.
You will find bolts as well as a lot of silastic , also holes for wires. I have done a few, its a lot of work but no major holes. if you take the head lining out you will see the bolts and wires. Eric.

Pursedave

Hey Eric, did you have to drop the inner lining to gain access to the bolts? I just bought a 2016 ex ambo and want to remove the spoiler. It looks like it may be bolted into the roof rack fitting rather than through the roof?
Cheers,
Dave.

Bellapaca

I must be the only guy on this site that thinks the Bull Bar and the rear wing look okay lol.

I do agree with Owner "I find the black one looks good, but the white one looks hideous", I guess each to their own.

Eric Experience

Dave
You have to remove the head lining. its best to remove all the head lining to get rid of the crappy wiring and seal up the holes in the roof. Eric.

Batz

Can someone explain to me why its called a 'Smart Bar'...but i agree with liking the look of the black smart bar and the rear wing.

Top Bottom