Broken backup camera housing replacement

melissahuckson

Hi folks, I had a big goof with my boyfriend's 2016 Mercedes Sprinter 3500. Help me save my relationship?

I backed into an overhang, shattering the plastic housing that surrounds the backup camera. The camera itself is fine, but obviously is no longer protected nor will it maintain its angle. Does anyone know whether I can buy replacement housing and install it myself? All I seem to find online is the entire backup camera setup...

Hi folks, I had a big goof with my boyfriend's 2016 Mercedes Sprinter 3500. Help me save my relationship?

I backed into an overhang, shattering the plastic housing that surrounds the backup camera. The camera itself is fine, but obviously is no longer protected nor will it maintain its angle. Does anyone know whether I can buy replacement housing and install it myself? All I seem to find online is the entire backup camera setup...
EBay! Cheap as dirt.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

sailquik

Melissa,
Not sure you can get the OEM Housing on eBay.....probably alot of knock offs from China.
The part number for the entire camera (Per epc.starteinfo traced to a 2014 with the FR8 option) is
A 906 820 02 97 (Find # 50 in the parts diagram).
The part number for the "TS Cover" is
A 906 826 75 24 (Find # 100 in the parts diagram).
You would need to check with an authorized Mercedes Benz Sprinter dealer (Commercial if you can find one) with
your Sprinter VIN # to ensure you get the correct part. The parts counter may be able to tell you exactly what the
"TS Cover" is.
Roger

Attachments

Moto Vita

I imagine Melissa solved her problem by now. I need the same parts, does anyone know if they're available or if one of the ebay replacements is an exact fit on the Sprinter?

ruca

I bought my 2014 rear view camera plastic housing 3 years ago from my dealer for $28 I think. It was like buying a loaf of bread from a store for me, they had a few in stock....hmmmmm ;).

Moto Vita

I bought my 2014 rear view camera plastic housing 3 years ago from my dealer for $28 I think. It was like buying a loaf of bread from a store for me, they had a few in stock....hmmmmm ;).
Did it come with both the upper and lower halves of the housing?

gearco

Just broke my rear view camera cover on my 2017 2500 Crew Van. Gave the above part number A 906 826 75 24 to the dealer and they quoted like $155; anybody have a better source. the number on the part itself is Paragon 07-05443-1000

XLent

Just broke my rear view camera cover on my 2017 2500 Crew Van. Gave the above part number A 906 826 75 24 to the dealer and they quoted like $155; anybody have a better source. the number on the part itself is Paragon 07-05443-1000
MB Boerne, Texas has same part no. For $95. Parts direct 830-981-6040. Ask me how I know.��

Last edited:

Moto Vita

You realize that's just the cover, not the part that holds the camera. I don't know you guys can break just the cover, when I had my "incident" the whole assembly exploded and just left the camera hanging by it's wires. Actually I think my cover is still usable, I'm sure it has a small blemish but you'd have to be 8' tall to notice it. If you're interested I'll see if I saved it and you can have it.

Last edited:

XLent

You realize that's just the cover, not the part that holds the camera. I don't know you guys can break just the cover, when I had my "incident" the whole assembly exploded and just left the camera hanging by it's wires. Actually I think my cover is still usable, I'm sure it has a small blemish but you'd have to be 8' tall to notice it. If you're interested I'll see if I saved it and you can have it.
You have to be lucky to break just the cover. :bounce:

Moto Vita

i'd like to have it and will gladly pay freight, etc. just let me know how you'd like to do it. jtj@jtlawfirm.com
I have it, it's in fine shape, PM me your address, hopefully you're in the U.S.

As a follow up to my repair, I bought a complete camera assembly from China and pulled the camera out of it. It looks the same on the outside but the innards are quite different than the stock part, it's also thinner plastic. I made it work with the aid of epoxy, silicone seal, and drywall screws. It's not a job I'm proud of but I don't anticipate any problems with it. If I had to do it over again I'd spend the $400. for the Mercedes part.
An interesting side note is that there is an unused coax type optical cable in my van (that's the type of connector the Chinese camera uses) that could be plugged into a camera. I have no idea where the other end of this cable is or if it's connected to anything.

This just happened to me and my top cover is broken, as well as the ring which held the camera, as well as the bottom plate. Mercedes sent me a new top and bottom plate, but the bottom plate is incorrect. Per the image attached here, the bottom plate on my 2016 van is nothing like this. The top won't even screw into this plate. Completely the wrong shape.

The top plate did not come with the camera ring, so I am guessing they are going to be charging me for a whole new camera assembly despite my camera working just fine.

Anyone even been able to find that bottom part (the correct one) or the ring?

thanks

Mobdlv

I have a couple sprinters for delivering packages. The Sprinter are 2018, with the auto stop sensor in the front the backup camera sets above height. So the camera smashed. I replaced it 2 time at a cost of about $350.00, Cameras still works so, I can find a oem base to work. the problem is removing the camera from the broken housing. There are 3 large star screws easy to remove. then there are 2 extremely small something type screws connect down 2 holes?. anyone figure out what type screw these is. Used star,hex,philps..... the europaparts oem camera doesn't have these 2 Thanks

fleminwr

Realize this is an old thread, but I’m working on something similar, and found those small screws (post 16) on my 2018 to be T6. They are hard to see and are not aligned in the middle of the hole, but if you get everything lined up they will come out.

Top Bottom