ID Parts has DPFs and other things

David Brown

Hi-

I hope that this is an appropriate place to post this. I have been using ID Parts in Hingham, Ma (IDparts.com) to supply me with parts for my 2004 VW diesel Jetta wagon for years. They have oem and upgrade parts with fast shipping and just all around helpful, friendly service.
They have recently added a number of Sprinter parts including DPFs,($1320 net when core is returned) EGRs, Ad-blue heaters, oil change kits. They are adding more parts as well (when I called to ask them if they could obtain a DPF for my 2013 Sprinter they said that they had just posted it -while I was on hold).
I have no connection with this firm, other than that of being a long term satisfied customer.
David Brown
Barnstead, NH

Last edited:

smiller

2008 View J (2007 NCV3 3500)
Good prices. Does anyone know if these are all real OEM parts or substitutes? It doesn't really state very clearly in the descriptions.

David Brown

Hi-
I have only ordered the DPF. It looked the same, but I didn't examine it very closely while the old one was next to it. I had a local garage put it in (for $268) and they said it was an exact replacement. The van runs much better, but it is still setting DPF codes- inefficient and full every 650+- miles (before was plugged at 300 miles) Mileage has gone back up to normal (from 18.5-19 to 20-22).

All of the VW parts that I have ordered from them have clearly been OEM when stated to be so. The non-oem parts are labeled as such and are usually an upgrade in longevity and/or performance.

David Brown
Barnstead, NH

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
Good prices. Does anyone know if these are all real OEM parts or substitutes? It doesn't really state very clearly in the descriptions.
You must have missed it;
$840.00
Diesel Particulate Filter (NCV3 OM642 Early)
OEM Mercedes-Benz
OEM Part Number: 9064901592
Manufacturer Number: 9064901592

icarus

It would seem if you are still throwing codes, you might be in for another plugged DPF if you haven't solved the underlying problem?

Icarus

smiller

Or he may just need to perform the parameters reset procedure required when a new DPF is installed. I imagine that failure to do this could result in erroneous fault codes. Without an advanced scanner I guess a dealer would have to do this.

David Brown

Can you explain the parameters reset you speak of? A new DPF must be introduced to the computer? Other than a dealer, what scanner is able to do this on a 2013 model?

Thanks,

David Brown
Barnstead, NH

smiller

A new DPF must be introduced to the computer? Other than a dealer, what scanner is able to do this on a 2013 model?
Yes, I believe so, base ash level should be reset at least. I have seen reports of people simply replacing the DPF and doing nothing else but that's probably not completely kosher, or at the least if you're still throwing codes then it's something to look into. I haven't had to perform the procedure myself yet so I'm not an expert, maybe one of the pros on the forum can comment. As to an appropriate scan tool, beyond the high-dollar items I would guess that the Chinese STAR clones could do it, C3 or maybe a C4 would be required on a 2013. There are several threads describing these tools and they seem to have a lot of capability for the price (around $500 depending on what hardware you buy.)

cevans

David - thanks for the shout out and kind words.

I've got an inquiry out to a few OBD tool makers that I've worked with in the past about ash load reset.

D

Deleted member 50714

Yes, I believe so, base ash level should be reset at least. I have seen reports of people simply replacing the DPF and doing nothing else but that's probably not completely kosher, or at the least if you're still throwing codes then it's something to look into. I haven't had to perform the procedure myself yet so I'm not an expert, maybe one of the pros on the forum can comment. As to an appropriate scan tool, beyond the high-dollar items I would guess that the Chinese STAR clones could do it, C3 or maybe a C4 would be required on a 2013. There are several threads describing these tools and they seem to have a lot of capability for the price (around $500 depending on what hardware you buy.)

My only experience is with Xentry simulation mode. There is a DPF "Teach-in" process I assume resets the Ash load calculation.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Looks very interesting, appears to support all of the most common service requirements (DPF re-learn, steering wheel center setting, injector replacement, etc.), and for all of $249!

Would love to hear from someone/anyone who has used any of these functions on a Sprinter.

https://www.amazon.com/Autel-MaxiDiag-Diagnostic-Transmission-Launched/dp/B07194V73G
smiller,

The Autel you have linked to on Amazon is, i believe, the 'standard' MD808, or '4 system' model.

I think you need the 'PRO' version to get the full DPF, SCR capability...

https://www.amazon.com/Autel-MaxiDi...rd_wg=mhJbx&psc=1&refRID=8PSS345VRQYCDP3MCTPX

Keith.

Edit: Quote from amazon questions "MD808 can only access to Engine, Transmission, ABS, and Airbag (SRS) systems while MD808 pro support Read/Clear Codes and Live Data functions for ALL systems".

Last edited:

smiller

Ah, thanks. I thought Autel had done away with their 'standard' and 'pro' designations but maybe not. In any event the pro model is still under $300 so not much pricing difference and still a great deal if it really does support all those bidirectional functions on a Sprinter.

deanoshiro

2004 Dodge Sprinter 2500
Ah, thanks. I thought Autel had done away with their 'standard' and 'pro' designations but maybe not. In any event the pro model is still under $300 so not much pricing difference and still a great deal if it really does support all those bidirectional functions on a Sprinter.
Paid $225 today for MD808Pro with 3rd day air

Top Bottom