Need input china version Star C3,C4 scanner success?

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
Avanti :
How do I enable rear speakers ? I was trying to do it , but could not find where to . Also , were you able to activate cornering lights?
Thanks
Click on the Stethoscope icon:
Diagnosis ->
Control unit view ->
N87/8 - Radio (RD) ->
Adaptations tab ->
Configuration ->
Manual settings ->
Coding ->
Fader (on/off)

I don't have the fancy headlights, so I haven't looked at cornering lights.

D

Deleted member 50714

Regarding 10 starts DEF count down. I recall seeing somewhere a feature in Xentry where NOx could be adjusted to 100% thus disabling the DEF system. At least that was my interpretation.

4wheels

Chen said that for $100 he can disable my DEF system , remotely , via team viewer . I kinda do not want to turm my van to a nice brick ...

D

Deleted member 50714

Chen said that for $100 he can disable my DEF system , remotely , via team viewer . I kinda do not want to turm my van to a nice brick ...
I understand and share your concerns. I think it was in simulator mode where I saw the feature that disables the DEF system.

vanski

If it’s winter, I’m probably skiing..
Hey folks.. lots of great info here. I have a C3 Clone and recently meet a T1N forum member who does not have cruise control (most likely a FedEx truck), has now installed all the hardware, and is looking to make the necessary ECM configurations. Currently I do not have the ability to do this adaptation. Is there a way to configure my C3 system to do this adaptation or is the c4 system with SCN coding ability needed?

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Hey folks.. lots of great info here. I have a C3 Clone and recently meet a T1N forum member who does not have cruise control (most likely a FedEx truck), has now installed all the hardware, and is looking to make the necessary ECM configurations. Currently I do not have the ability to do this adaptation. Is there a way to configure my C3 system to do this adaptation or is the c4 system with SCN coding ability needed?
You need to change the version coding (via SCN). This requires someone with access to mercedes home computer, as the code change requires a password type string, which is generated at mercedes based on the input string from your ECU/ECM. There are some videos on offline SCN coding if you do a google.

C3 units have the ability to do offline SCN coding. However depending on what version of the xetnry/star software you have, you may need to load a patch to enable it. You can do a few googles. You are looking for "offline scn patch MM-YYYY" etc. where MM-YYYY is the month/year of the software you are running. you may need to change the search terms around a bit. There are a couple of forums which have quite of bit of info on supporting these cloned star units.

Once you have offline SCN coding available, your best bet is to contact one of the chinese SCN coding providers. They will connect to your star unit via teamviewer, and perform the offline coding using there account remotely.

Alternatively you can just pay a dealer to do it. I think I pad 150$ for mine at a sprinter friendly dodge dealer. I also got 3 keys programmed at the same time. They charged flat rate per hour for this.

vanski

If it’s winter, I’m probably skiing..
Thank you MWD. Will see if I can find the patch. This unit is also from Chen. Are patches easily applies to his units? So far I’ve ran into needed un/pw authentication for any kind of system configuration...

4wheels

Two questions : where can I get password and how much $?
And , there are a few engines and transmission versions - how can I know which one is my?
Slowly learning - activated radio fader , cornering lights ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 50714

Data card should provide engine and tranny info. Also, it should show on Xentry after VIN input. Is the password you refer to access Xentry online database for SCN?

Last edited by a moderator:

Emgo

I purchased a 2007 Sprinter for parts, it had no key or remote. I was able to get it running by swapping the required parts from another van that I have. My question is, will the clones program a new or used remote?

Thanks,
Ken

Last edited:

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Execute a search in the root of C drive for *xentry.exe

Make sure hidden files view is turned on, as well as show system files. This needs to be enabled in both the file explorer menu (under tools, view I think?) as well as in the search itself. control-F to search in the file explorer.

4wheels

I am not that advanced in PC ..
I think it got connected to house WI fi and was trying to get updates or what , but I was in a hurry and just closed the lid of laptop .
Chen seller said he will help

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

4wheels

Execute a search in the root of C drive for *xentry.exe

Make sure hidden files view is turned on, as well as show system files. This needs to be enabled in both the file explorer menu (under tools, view I think?) as well as in the search itself. control-F to search in the file explorer.
You were right , I found it . How did it get there and why?

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

SeattleMatt

I've read this whole thread and I'm still not 100% clear, has anyone been able to get this to work on 2015+ sprinter?

Last edited:

Top Bottom