EGR coolant leak

zen bicycle

Looks like I have a coolant leak form my EGR valve. If this is the case is there any remedy except for replacing entire valve? I read that it cannot be disassembled, so assuming it is just a rip and replace for 600 over a 5 dollar gasket.

Thanks

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
Depends on where the leak source is. If at connection seam, then a gasket may be at fault, If from the housing of the EGR, then a new EGR

zen bicycle

Well it was at the gasket so ordered a felpro from the local parts store. Now it leaks like a sum b*tch.

Is there another brand of gasket or do you just go with the old mr gasket forma gasket solution.

Can either face warp? both were cleaned to remove all remnants of old gasket. Leaks so much it isn't just a small issue now.

TROLL

2007 Winnebago View 23H
Is it possible for an EGR to leak manifold pressure into the cooling system? I'm not sure how they're designed, trying to rule this out as a possibility of why my cooling system is pressurizing under boost (of course the alternative is a head gasket failure).

Is it possible for an EGR to leak manifold pressure into the cooling system? ...
:hmmm:

It does see the pressure from both the exhaust side and intake side, so maybe before the coolant system pressure builds to operating level. The EGR does include the coolant system circuit in its design.

:2cents: vic

Top Bottom