Mystery switches

poakes

My wife and I just bought a 2015 Great West van and are in the process of figuring everything out. There are two switches above the fridge in the control panel that the dealer couldn't tell us what they did and we can't find any info in the manuals. One looks like a regular house light switch and the other looks like the light switches in the van. I appreciate any help on the subject.

Thanks,
Phil

Last edited:

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
Congrats on your purchase.

The house "light" switch controls the 120v heating element in the Rixen's heater expansion tank. Saves Espar run time when on shore power.

The one that matches the coach lights is the driver side outdoor "porch" light.

ramblinrandall

We Just bought our 2012 Legend EX last weekend and had the same question. The techs at the dealer where we bought it had no clue, in fact, they were clueless about the Rixen system altogether. I got it home and could not get the water heater to work at all, low and behold when I opened the coolant tank for the ESPAR it was bone dry! Another thing I learned about it was that the ESPAR will cut off if your diesel tank is at or below 1/4 full. I spent a bit of time doing research online and found some useful pics in the following preso: http://www.rixens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Hydronic-Heating-Information.pdf

I also called Rixen and talked to Mike there and found him extremely helpful, he answered all of my dumb questions :)

-RR

Top Bottom