Need Help Deciphering Error Codes

caseylentz

I'm looking at at 2003 Passenger High Roof with 150,000 miles. The vehicle is throwing several codes and i'm aware of the short descriptions that go with the error codes but need someone to explain them in plain English for me and tell me what might be the issues with the following codes..

ENGINE:
P0105-04: Pressure Sensor supply voltage too high or low
P0190-04: Fuel Pressure Sensor Circuit malfunction, supply voltage too low or high
P1354-32: CMP/CKP position sensor circuit cmp/ckp sync failure
P2007-01: Ful Delivery pressure too low
P1661-32: Capacitor Voltage/Voltage too low
P1630-16: Immobilizer Message Missing
P2009-128: Water Level Sensor Water In Fule

Trans:
P2600: System under voltage

Gear Selector
P1876: Incorrect can message from abs

AIRCO
1007-07: Blower Stage 1

It would be great it you could help me decipher what these mean and if I should be worried about anything if I purchase this vehicle ..?

autostaretx

Erratic Member
P1354-32: CMP/CKP position sensor circuit cmp/ckp sync failure

... the CaMshaft Position sensor and the CranKshaft position sensor are not triggering in sync with each other.

Given your list of faults, i'd highly suspect cable harness damage or a loose connector at the ECU
Someone else recently had a circuit trace fail inside his ECU such that a bunch of sensors were not seeing their ground path back to the battery. Similar error messages.

The 2003 has a recall out for re-routing the cable harness that comes up over the heat shield on the (US) passenger side of the engine... the sharp edge at the rear of the heat shield was cutting into the cable.

You might put a chunk of hose on the fuel filter's water drain and *capture* the first sample of what's pumped out ... see if there really is water in there, or if that sensor is also one of the ones being fed faulty voltages.

Does the engine run? Are those all ancient "stored" codes instead of current ones?
--dick

Last edited:

SneakyAnarchistVanCamper

Reading till my eyesbleed
^ Yep.

I wouldn't buy that unless you feel like going on an electron wrangling witchhunt. You could try replacing the ecm, but the shared sensor ground or 5v sensor reference may be shorted/open in the harness, then a new ecm won't help you. In short, if you buy this sprinter you will need much skill or some money to bring it to a skilled electronic technician.

caseylentz

The engine run and only has 150,000 miles on it. I'm assuming the Mechanic didn't clear out the codes. I'll double check with the Mech and see if he will run the diagnostic again to see what happens. I'll report back my findings if any. Thanks for your comments!

The 2003 has a recall out for re-routing the cable harness that comes up over the heat shield on the (US) passenger side of the engine... the sharp edge at the rear of the heat shield was cutting into the cable.
--dick
Could you elaborate on the recall? It probably applies to 2002 as well? I searched the forum, but didn't find the specifics (like one would find in a search for the manifold recall info).

Thanks,

John
Hopefully this doesn't throw the thread off track too far.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Could you elaborate on the recall? It probably applies to 2002 as well? I searched the forum, but didn't find the specifics (like one would find in a search for the manifold recall info).
I may be misremembering the level of impact... it may have been an internal MB/Dodge/Freightliner service note to reroute the wire at time of any service. I'll try to find a that-era reference.
The correct term for the notes are TSB : Technical Service Bulletin

sprinterstore.com used to provide online access to them, but that seems to have gone away
(a phone call to 503-692-0846 may get results)(likewise a Dodge/Freightliner dealer may be able to access old ones, but...)

--dick

Last edited:

Top Bottom