"Special Equipment Books" & "Approved upfitters" from the Dodge bodybuilder website

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
"Special Equipment Books" & "Approved upfitters" from the Dodge bodybuilder website

In this thread I posted a copy of the "2007 Special Equipment Book" that was harvested from the Dodge Canadian website in 2007.

Today I logged into the Dodge (USA) bodybuilder website and found three documents I'd not seen before:

the "2009" Dodge Special Equipment Book

View attachment 39159%2008_%20DodgeSprint_Opt.pdf

the "2009" Freightliner Special Equipment Book

View attachment 63004_03%20Freight_Opt.pdf

and

Approved Upfitters list

View attachment Approved%20List%20USA%20REV%2011-20-2008.pdf

The actual date within the equipment books is 07/2008, and they look a lot like the earlier NCV3 Special Equipment book, but the document properties suggest they are the most recent copies. I suspect they are the electronic copies of the book your friendly neighborhood Sprinter sales person has on his or her desk at the dealership (which won't be offered to you to take home for the evening so you can make an informed choice or come up with intelligent questions about options).

I'm not going to read these books to figure out what the differences are, but I did notice that both the "2009 Dodge" and " 2009 Freightliner" documents in this posting are 197 pages long.

The older one is 202 pages long.

The new ones are missing a few codes (like "ASM" contractor package) while the older one describes "ASM").

There may be other differences. Look at them all and be an informed buyer.

This is what the body builder web content looked like:

BodyBuilderScreenShot.JPG

Is it 2008? Is it 2009? Who really knows....

-Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom