Removing the electric step

JOHNFRAZIER1

HI I HAD THE PINCH SENSOR DAMAGED ON THE FRONT EDGE OF MY STEP IT CLOSED ITSELF BUT WILL NOT COME BACK OUT WHEN THE DOOR OPENS IS THERE AWAY TO JUMP SOMETHING TO BYPASS THE SENSOR TO ALLOW THE STEP TO WORK

FullyTorqued

HI I HAD THE PINCH SENSOR DAMAGED ON THE FRONT EDGE OF MY STEP IT CLOSED ITSELF BUT WILL NOT COME BACK OUT WHEN THE DOOR OPENS IS THERE AWAY TO JUMP SOMETHING TO BYPASS THE SENSOR TO ALLOW THE STEP TO WORK
I’m not sure, but I’d sell you the OEM step I just removed for $250 if you can pick it up in Colorado Springs.

Munmile

re electric step,

Came on the 2018 cargo I bought. I got tired of it extending the step every time i opened the door to grab something inside.
The fix for me was having the dealer deactivate the function in the controller, then I bought a bridge driver from amazon and wired it to a center off momentary switch. I connected power such that the manual switch will not extend or retract when the engine is running.
Placed the switch on the inside of the B pillar. Since I did not use the limit switches, I just let go of the switch manually when the limit is reached. The bridge drive limits the current to 3 amps anyway so activating the switch in the wrong direction or holding it on too long doesn't stress the motor.

cheers
Munmile

Top Bottom