Start Battery Replacement Information

areeevan

super awesome member
Bought an H8 AGM Die Hard 900CC from Advanced Auto Parts for $175. My mechanic suggests "glass" for some reason, an extra $20 or so. The cheapest free fluid battery I saw was $150 for the Everstart brand at Walmart. Oddessy brand was suggested by the "battery store" at $385. Everything is 25% more expensive these days than in the forum from 2016.

jeffro109

Bought an H8 AGM Die Hard 900CC from Advanced Auto Parts for $175. My mechanic suggests "glass" for some reason, an extra $20 or so. The cheapest free fluid battery I saw was $150 for the Everstart brand at Walmart. Oddessy brand was suggested by the "battery store" at $385. Everything is 25% more expensive these days than in the forum from 2016.
Seems a good price. I just got a Duracell H8 AGM at the battery store for $219 out the door, 850CCA with 4 year replacement - I've had good luck with their policy in the past so I'm hopeful. Napa had the same thing (at least to me they seem to be the same battery from the cases/details) for the same $ but only 1.5 year replacement. I got an additional $44 credit from a coupon App from the battery store purchase so that helps too.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
$120 for a flooded lead acid H8 at Home Depot (3 year free replacement)

--dick

Last edited:

Top Bottom