Pulse/Icon Owners

Rouki

We have an Icon 24A. Purchased one week before it started snowing up here. We only managed 800 miles, but are so far very impressed with the vehicle. We have long been fans of Europeen motorhomes. We tried ti import one into Canada but were not permitted. We liked the Europeen selection as they are very compact and efficient. We upgraded from a Westfalia to a Rialta, and now to the Icon. For all the problems reported with the Rialta, we had none. We sold it at 75,000 miles, all problem free.

I'm crossing my fingers that all the failures people here are reporting with the Sprinter do not crop-up in mine. We can't waite for spring so we can begin a new adventure...

windchaser

have a winnabago view 2008 have had it for 10 months and already have 25,000 miles.. had to replace only the egr valve, love it

Rich Niemeyer

Fellows, I'm new to this forum. I'm finalizing my purchase of a Fleetwood Pulse in a couple weeks. My biggest concern is availability of Sprinter parts, oil and fuel filter changes and their cost. Can any of you provide an estimate of what oil changes cost on average? I understand this little engine uses 12 quarts and of course MB spec oil. Have you found the fuel filters and oil filters easy to find? Thanks for your help. A newbie.
Rich Niemeyer

joe71vette

yes I just bough the 2009 pulse and I also love it . and just added a passenger swivel seat It's great Has any one try towing more than 3500lbs came back from calf. a few months ago put 9000miles on it with no problems
Anyone else out there have a Pulse or Icon?

We've had ours for about 9 months and it is great.[/quote]

joe71vette

Fellows, I'm new to this forum. I'm finalizing my purchase of a Fleetwood Pulse in a couple weeks. My biggest concern is availability of Sprinter parts, oil and fuel filter changes and their cost. Can any of you provide an estimate of what oil changes cost on average? I understand this little engine uses 12 quarts and of course MB spec oil. Have you found the fuel filters and oil filters easy to find? Thanks for your help. A newbie.
Rich Niemeyer
yes it is quite expensive I paid the dodge dealer $362. for oil and fuel filter change I change my oil and filter every 10000 miles

Rich Niemeyer

Thank you all for your advice. I feel better that part availability is better than I thought. Can't wait to get started next week.

windchaser

just found at pep boys that they have castrol snthetic oil 0w - 30w oil for our vans that is mb approved..its the only local place that carrys oil that is approved.. just a heads up

THC

We have a 2009 Pulse 24A w/front entertainment center (no bed). I am in the process of adding several items including a CB. Does anyone have any experience with the best placement of a CB antenna on the Pulse/Icon? The one I brought is a 4' NGP (no ground plane) fiberglass type. I installed the CB overhead, but have become squemish about drilling a hole in the side of the vehicle. Actually, I don't mind drilling the hole--I just want to get it right the first time!! With the length
of the antenna, I am also worried about hanging it up on a tree and tearing a hole in the side of the motorhome where it is mounted. Don't know if you can add a spring to a NGP antenna without making it un-tunable. Any help would be appreciated.

Chip Bogosian

I recently purchased a 2009 (sprinter manufactured in May of 2008) Fleetwood Pulse.
The problems so far concern the transmission leaking fluid from where the electronics enter the transmission----I was cruising down Interstate 5 when it went into survival mode---this was a bit frustrating since there was a loaded semi right behind me---enough said. There is a fix and the dealers have the parts---Larson Dodge in Washington near Tacoma fixed it very quickly. The only other problem was a tire deflation in one of the rear tires---went to 29 pounds and was obvious----changed the stem out and away we went--the tire pressure are very hard to check with the standard stems so I had extensions placed----does nyone have experience with the wheels Alcoa sells for this vehicle??

Otherwise the thing is great--good (diesel) mileage from Washington to California!

The interesting thing about RV's is that the warranty period for the chassis starts when it is delivered to the RV manufacturer---not when you purchase the RV---take note!

Chip Bogosian

Rich,
Just had the oil changed at a dealer for the first time--thirteen quarts and a filter---the total charge was $234.00--
THey charged $33.95 for the filters which you can get much cheaper!--I will go to the amsoil folks for oil and filters from now on---it will be cheaper! It was interesting to note that the manufacturer says you can only use Mobile One ESP-but the dealer put in synthetic castroil------It is also interesting that you can't check the transmission fluid level---but miller tools makes a dip stick but the level is temperature sensitive. There are charts but ZI haven't procured on yet.

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
Hi Chip,

There are quite a quite a few threads and posts on here about tranny dipstick and measuring/filling. Maybe the most thorough will be in the "write-up" and "Database" sections. You can run an advanced search focusing on transmission in the NCV3 section.

ilovemyview

We have a sister ship, so to speak, a 2008 View. Just love it. Only issue we had was last fall the engine battery kept dying. Took it to the local Sprinter service center and they said there was no abnormal draw just a bad battery. :thumbdown: They replaced the battery twice, both times it died within 3 days. We took it back to the RV dealer in Michigan that we purchased it from. They did find an abnormal draw and it came from the satalite radio wiring. They said it was wired incorrectly. We used the free 6 months of Sirrius that came with the View and when it expired at the end of October we did not renew. Maybe a coincidence but that is when the battery started having problems.

While at the RV dealer we had them install an in-line power surge protector. It was a suggestion we got from someone else on here. It will protect all your electronics from surges and brown outs. Never know what you will find in some campgrounds. Cheap insurance policy.

Although we wern't quite due yet, we also had them change the oil. We had quotes from 3 different places here from 150 to 200. The RV dealer did it for $89. Yep. thats right. Love our RV dealer. We will go back there if we ever decide to trade up to somthing larger. We also had a Rialta before the View. Loved it, but it was just to small for longer thrips. I needs me stuff.. lots of stuff. I'm a whimpy camper.

Huck

The interesting thing about RV's is that the warranty period for the chassis starts when it is delivered to the RV manufacturer---not when you purchase the RV---take note!

I discovered the same thing when I went to the Dodge dealer. I called my LTV dealer who called LTV. They called (Dodge?) and next time I went to the Dodge dealer it was all straightened out. Chassis warranty now shows it started on delivery, to me, date.

Huck
'07 LTV 210B

Isdaann

Joevette,

I have a 2009 Pulse D, and I tow a Full size Honda Pilot with it, also use a brake buddy. Only towed on one long trip 400 miles from near San Francisco to the Klamath River. Towed very smoothly hardly knew the pilot was behind me, only slow on long up hill grades. Braked very well. I was told the Pilot may be too heavy, but I read somewhere that the 2009 has a 5000 lbs towing capacity.

Top Bottom