Cheapest way to self diagnose sprinter fault obd

Arnie_Oli

Well the MD802 arrived. I can diagnose and read data fromthe common rail ECU without issue.

I had a bunch of DTCs stored, no idea how old they were. I cleared them and they haven't reappeared.

I have yet to find how to access or find the "ZUH-Heater booster" module to diagnose that as I believe that's the Espar module.

Hi yeah but the jet wash incident was now at least 3 months ago and it run 400 miles so I'm thinking there all bone dry now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Probably dry now. It may have contributed to your initial problems while it was drying.

Anyway trying to crank her up nothing just loads of white smoke coming out my mate who happened to be walking past is also a have a go mechanic and said I'd fooked the engine or turbo up. To be fair I didn't buy that so I left it for a few days then went back to it armed with easy start and eventually I got it going. It would splutter and cut out at certain intervals but eventually the plague cleared ( or so I thought)
There have been reports of slight corrosion affecting conduction of connectors. That is particularly true of some of the sensor signals. Perhaps something got wet and still has a bit of a problem even dry. That is not a diagnosis, just something to consider.

So many times these problems trace to something relatively simple. The trick is in tracking it down.

Good luck. vic

Top Bottom