2016 shower recall

ablock

Just fetched my mail tonight to find a lumpy envelope from LTV. Tear it open and a screw falls out, along with 3 sheets of folded paper. Apparently, on 2016 CB and FX:

the shower head can be lowered into the shower pan or the sink basin and is then at a possible siphon risk in case of a wastewater backup. Possibly causing a contamination of the freshwater system, increasing the risk of injury.
Included in the envelope is a cheap chromed plastic ring with a mounting flange, and a couple of screws. See attached photo, as well as a photo of the instructions for the repair.

Note that the instructions reference two rings, but only one came in the envelope.

I think this repair will be ugly and will make handling the shower head inconvenient. The third sheet in the envelope is a form I'm supposed to sign attesting to having completed the recall. I'm not planning to do so at this point.

Instead, I think I just won't a) leave the shower head on the floor of the shower; and b) drink the water from the fresh water tank. Since I already don't do these things, shouldn't be much of a burden. :cheers:

Attachments

Suza

Our Cougar 5th-wheel had one of these rings that the shower hose was threaded through, as did our Nash trailer. I don't think it is something new. Was this just neglected in the 2016 CB, or all 2016 models, or just yours?

Seems odd that black water could be siphoned into the fresh tank via the shower faucet. Doesn't the shower drain into the grey tank? But then, I guess they are all connected.

I'd be calling LTV and asking questions.

Top Bottom