Remi Shades

Old Crows

Calypso 2014 View Profile
These are really great shades! You will love them. No idea who could install them for you. But.... they appear to be very easy to put in yourself. The hardest place would be installing the bracket in the center of the dash near the windshield. There's little room and you need an angle head drill and driver. The side windows have plastic guides that fit to the window frame. That looks easy-peasy. I'm sure the directions are going to tell you what to do.....

Two things: Sprinters have a flip top box above the console. With the install of the shades, there's no longer a lid. Only a small panel near the window where the bracket attaches. (Maybe that's removable???) You also will lose the inside mirror. There's no way to have a mirror and close the blinds..... W

joeframer44

2014 Unity MB/U-lounge
I installed the Remis shades in my 2014 Unity MB. I took about an hour and a half being very careful. It was a little tricky placing the bottom center bracket on top of the dash. The center bracket needs to be placed so that the shades will come to the center smoothly and not cause the left and right sections to want to pull apart. Note that the rear view mirror on my unit was not surrounded with any sensing units that I saw on a friend's Airstream class B, for example. This will not allow the shades to come together and close around the mirror mount. And after my windshield was replaced along with a new rear view mirror, I simply slide it off of the mount and the shades come together in the center quite easily. And since we have a rear window, I do find the mirror useful to help with a better view of what's going on behind me.

I would check to see if Remis has a modified windshield shade that will work with the larger mirror mounts.

Joe K.
2014 Unity MB

redwing

Thank you two for your input on this subject ,I appreciate it .I don't think It would be hard to install , Just have to find a dealer that sells them , Either here , or when we go south in November
Redwing

lindy

Redwing - I installed a set on my 2016 24MB. Took about 2-1/2 hours. The instructions are very poor, look at the install video on the website. layout all the parts and think your way through the install before you do it. The mirror must be removed on the LTV 2016 chassis. center the upper support and secure it and leave the lower support loose until the shades are installed, then center it and screw it down. Our units, Left Window, Right Window and Windshield came from the Winnebago outdoor store. You can order them from Amazon and they will be filled by Winnebago. They have been in short supply. Al

lindy

Ablock, I believe that the part number is Remis 10021161, I no longer have the origional packaging, the parts had a Winnebago part number on the box, Same item is listed on Amazon. Sorry I don't have more information. The top rail rod clears the rain/lane sensor housing, so the blinds close properly. The two center rod supports are different lengths, Install the shorter support on the upper rod. The instructions do not call this out. We will be in Petaluma the last week of the month, you can look at our installation if you wish. Send me a PM. Al

ablock

Thanks, Al. Hm...seems they no longer list that part number as an option for the front shade:

I've emailed them to see what's what.

ablock

Okay, here is the response I got from Hengs Industries, the distributor that Remi pointed me to. I had enquired about the proper part numbers for a 2016 Sprinter Chassis with lane-keeping assist, etc.:

-Front Windshield Blackout Screen w/ Lane Assist
10060405 - $323.55 Each

-Driver Side Window Blackout Screen
10021162 - $158.50 Each

-Passenger Side Window Blackout Screen
10021163 - $158.50 Each
Hengs is a distributor, but I confirmed those are the retail prices.

If interested, Reed Qualls (rqualls@hengsind.us) is the contact. I have no affiliation, etc.

/afb

redwing

I would like to order these Shades, But how can I tell whether i have this lane Assist feature ?

Last edited:

ablock

Redwing, well you would know because your chassis will beep at you if you cross the lane lines while driving on the freeway. :) But I think that the features as ordered by LTV basically maps to the chassis-year. Our 2016 chassis has lane-assist; obviously some earlier years didn't but I don't know when they started ordering that option.

redwing

Have check this out and our coach does not have lane assist , I have ordered the blinds ,but am a little puzzled at how to attach the bottom centre bracket , There is a compartment that opens up
right in the middle and behind that looks like a speaker , So where would you drill to fasten this bracket ?
Redwing

Have check this out and our coach does not have lane assist , I have ordered the blinds ,but am a little puzzled at how to attach the bottom centre bracket , There is a compartment that opens up
right in the middle and behind that looks like a speaker , So where would you drill to fasten this bracket ?
Redwing
No doubt you've since worked this out by now, but we positioned the bottom center bracket in front of the speaker grille, not on top of it.

redwing

The Shades disappear into the corner post on the front windshield, and the side one,s do the same , you will see small straps in the picture ,
They are a great add on well worth there money , A question was posted regarding the heat , well i can tell you they work well in that respect, It seem,s that there is some sort of sun protector build right on the outside of the shade,s .
Install took about 2 hour,s
Redwing

Where do the shades go when you are driving?
As redwing said, they collapse into the frame. If you click through, I provided pictures of them in both open and closed states and from inside and out. I also link to a demonstration video.

http://crimdom.net/rv-upgrades-and-customizations/#shades

But it took us a lot longer than two hours to install due to things I detailed.

Regarding heat, they do of course shade the cab from the sun, greatly keeping the heat down. The advantage over normal shade inserts is how quickly you can slide them into place. We also cut some Reflectix insulation material to fit behind the shades and help keep the heat in freezing temperatures.

Last edited:

Scarecrow

2017 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
It's part of the rear view mirror in the center of the windshield. There would be a symbol that comes on within the dash controls every time you trigger it. And, believe me, you'd know if you have it because it's damned IRRITATING. Your Sprinter Manual should list it.

Top Bottom