So you scanning officianados

D

Deleted member 50714

Prisanthropic Moclivities?

But seriously now, Thank you bobnoxius for pointing that thing out - I will be watching where I jam my boots in there next time. Tiny fragile looking thermistor thing.

Carl calls it a "Witches hat." I call it Limp Home Mode lurking in someone's future with big feet like my size 14's. Next time I'm at this dealership I'm going to see how much one costs. If it's under 500 bucks, I buying a spare. $500 is about what I figure it would cost to tow my vehicle out of the middle of nowhere.

rollerbearing

Well, it looks like a thermistor.

But, thanks to tooth fairy, in my mind I'll probably always associate it with a nick name:

Bob's - - - -

But really, thanks again, for pointing that thing out. Agree that is a seriously dumb LHM headache waiting to happen.

lindenengineering

Carl calls it a "Witches hat." I call it Limp Home Mode lurking in someone's future with big feet like my size 14's. Next time I'm at this dealership I'm going to see how much one costs. If it's under 500 bucks, I buying a spare. $500 is about what I figure it would cost to tow my vehicle out of the middle of nowhere.
Average $45 retail.
Dennis

lindenengineering

Well, it looks like a thermistor.

But, thanks to tooth fairy, in my mind I'll probably always associate it with a nick name:

Bob's - - - -

But really, thanks again, for pointing that thing out. Agree that is a seriously dumb LHM headache waiting to happen.
Ambient temp sensor jives with the ambient pressure sensor to give air density calculation.
Dennis

D

Deleted member 50714

Ambient temp sensor jives with the ambient pressure sensor to give air density calculation.
Dennis
So, some Bastid could easily disable a Sprinter? I think you previously stated this sensor is essential to proper ECU function?

rollerbearing

Oh geez - now there's a scary thought. Sounds like a sh%tty prank for some teenage hooligans. Bashing mail boxes, stealing break away switch keys, and bustin' off that little sprinter thingy.

D

Deleted member 50714

Sprinter owner: What's wrong with my Sprinter?
Mechanic: It's got a broken Bob's Dick, we'll put a stronger one in, last longer.

D

Deleted member 50714

Question
Where is the atmospheric sensor on a 906 Sprinter?
Bobnoxious down below is breathless with anticipation on its location!

Your chance to shine here!
AND
Where would you read its live data on YOUR scanner tool ?
Dennis
Mechmaniac
Dear Mech-O-Maniac, after months of exhaustive searching, I found your mysterious sensor. The proper nomenclature is Ambient Temperature Sensor.

NOX basking in the shine.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom