Where the heck is my EGR?!

thehermit

Daft question from a stumped noobie - I've been trying to find the EGR on a Sprinter 313CDi 2.2 '02 (903.6), and for the life of me I cannot locate it. The manual says it's on the back of the top inlet manifold part, which it ain't, doesn't seem to be anywhere else on the inlet manifold, there's nothing on the exhaust manifold, the replacement EGRs I've looked at on fleabay don't match anything on the lump, and Google only seems to point to post-07 links. I feel like a proper idiot, but where the hell is it?!

Last edited:

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Hi TheHermit,

I think the simple answer is you do not have one!

I'm fairly certain that Euro III engines did not need EGR fitting, hence why you can't find it.

Question, why are you trying to find it?

Keith.
A Fellow West Midlander!

thehermit

Well, that would certainly explain it! Slightly baffling though. I've been looking for it to blank it off prior to having an ecu tune and egr delete from a chap in Halesowen next week - engine timing's been slightly bumpy and some black smoke on revs. Had good results removing EGRs from other vehicles so thought I'd try that first see if it helped, before delving deeper. Got to the point yesterday where I decided it didn't actually need to be physically removed if the software was being switched off anyway.

Anyway, very many thanks for getting back to me Keith, that was driving me seriously potty. Where yow based then? Anywhere near kidder?

Just to add to this - do you mean this particular Euro 3 engine didn't need an EGR or Euro 3 in general? Cos there seem to be a few links to people with EGRs on other Euro 3 vehicles: https://www.google.co.uk/?ion=1&espv=2#q=euro 3 engine egr

Last edited:

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Hi Hermit, I'm in Sutton coldfield so opposite side of Brum to you.
I think it was just this particular MB engine, the OM611, which did not require EGR for Euro III.
Let us know yo the tune goes.

Keith.

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
I'm pretty sure its because of the different rules for commercial vehicles. I have 2 om612 powered vehicles, same year 2003, ml270 and sprinter. The car variant has EGR+cats+flaps, the sprinter has none. USA sprinters have always had EGR though. and they have foregone the diesel versions of my car too.

Top Bottom