Who has a better camp site than me?

Mein Sprinter

Known member
Hey, you got there! Awesome. Did you hike in?

Thank you, sir! Maybe we can meet up in one of these exotic locations some time. I checked out your website, you and I have a lot in common. :cheers:
Hola, finally got some better connection. We went all the way to the top via our 2x4 Sprinter. Came to some turnouts/vehicle pathways. Went past the water pipes, however there were signs by the Pacific Corp. indicating some rules which mentioned, "No overnight Camping" and it was also darn windy on top there...25-40 mph. After a few pictures..none of the Vortex, we descended and found a spot at the Gunlock Lake before the State Park area where we camped for the night. Awesome... lake, but full of jet skiers, tub-bers ,hot boats... etc.

So far the suspension modification has just been awesome and love it. I do notice a few bulges on our new Michelin LTX 265 sidewalls but no bubble. Will contact Agile or Michelin.

cheers...

VanGoSki

Hola, finally got some better connection. We went all the way to the top via our 2x4 Sprinter. Came to some turnouts/vehicle pathways. Went past the water pipes, however there were signs by the Pacific Corp. indicating some rules which mentioned, "No overnight Camping" and it was also darn windy on top there...25-40 mph. After a few pictures..none of the Vortex, we descended and found a spot at the Gunlock Lake before the State Park area where we camped for the night. Awesome... lake, but full of jet skiers, tub-bers ,hot boats... etc.

So far the suspension modification has just been awesome and love it. I do notice a few bulges on our new Michelin LTX 265 sidewalls but no bubble. Will contact Agile or Michelin.

cheers...
Ha! I stopped by Gunlock Lake too, took a look around and split! LOL. I have found the best way to camp is simply type "BLM camping" into your GPS. I'm not kidding!

Sorry to hear about the bulges on the LTX's. Definitely should be covered by warranty. Glad to hear the new suspension is working well for you. :cheers:

Mein Sprinter

Known member
Ha! I stopped by Gunlock Lake too, took a look around and split! LOL. I have found the best way to camp is simply type "BLM camping" into your GPS. I'm not kidding!

Sorry to hear about the bulges on the LTX's. Definitely should be covered by warranty. Glad to hear the new suspension is working well for you. :cheers:
Thank you but any GPS ?. Mines an ancient Garmin. Mostly use Iphones Google. Any GPS you know that employs Google?

VanGoSki

Thank you but any GPS ?. Mines an ancient Garmin. Mostly use Iphones Google. Any GPS you know that employs Google?
Google Maps!! On your cell phone. Seriously, you can't beat it. But, here's the key. Learn how to use the download maps feature so that you can use it even when you don't have cell service. I downloaded the eastern Sierra and parts of UT, NV and AZ. The only limit is how much storage you have on your phone. But even then, the maps are a lot smaller than you think. Megabytes, not Gigs. Google maps has all the BLM and forest roads pretty much. The Sprinter Navigation has none of that. You can connect your cell with Android Auto (or Apple Connect or whatever it's called) and have the display on the MBUX too if you like. I used to be a Garmin fan, but it's dead to me now. I also use a topo app called Backcountry Navigator for hiking. So awesome and has totally saved my butt a few times hiking back in the dark.

Last edited:

glasseye

Google Maps!! On your cell phone. Seriously, you can't beat it.
Total agreement. Google rules the satnav world, IMHO. Voice instructions took me straight to the heart of a street address near Bethesda MD at rush hour. A task otherwise virtually impossible for a solo driver from Western Canada.

I, too regularly download GM data for offline use. MT, a close neighbour state, is nearly devoid of cell coverage.

SprinterSnale

'05 T1N 3500 - NorCalSprinterCampout
P1260276.JPG
There may be better campsites, but after 20 months away from the local Concow Campground due to the Campfire then a shuttered reopening in April, it's great to be back. Much of the infrastructure was lost, the house, all RVs onsite except 1, all outhouses and the epic stage. The lemonade was receiving a $25K grant for a digitally controlled hydraulic band saw mill on a trailer that cuts dimensional lumber for residents in the area. This outhouse we rebuilt last week with downed cedar and pine. The siding made from 1"x18"x16' pine. No firm plans on Concow CG reopening-waiting for county approval. I have October 8-11, 2020 NorCal Sprinter Campout solidified for Taylorsville, CA at the county campground which opened last week. A new NCSC V thread coming soon. Dale

asimba2

ourkaravan.com
Hi Marc, thanks. This was off a random dirt road near Markleeville, CA. Let me know if you want to meet up for a trip.
-Ken

marc1

Thanks Ken. I am ready for a road trip. I just tore out my interior and re-did everything. I will pm you in the next few weeks when the electrical is wrapped up.

D

Deleted member 86082

Just chilling on Osoyoos lake BC. That’s the US of A at the end of the lake. Hopefully they’ll put on a nice fireworks display tomorrow...Happy Fourth!!!C0B206A3-0E88-4EB3-9B24-B96B7DC90580.jpeg

Top Bottom