Who has a better camp site than me?

VanGoSki

Thank you, Peter! People poo-poo the 4WD version, but I really put this bad boy through its paces on this trip and am thoroughly impressed.

See this hill right here? That is very soft sand. I could not make it up in 2WD, but went right up easily in 4WD.

That was more of a test. But another time I actually got stuck in 2WD and walked right out of it in 4WD. And just the increased ground clearance and better angles alone make it worth the admission. I did far better at Alstrom Point in the Sprinter than I ever did in my Suburban. I can't tell you how pleased I am.

glasseye

Thank you, Peter! People poo-poo the 4WD version, but I really put this bad boy through its paces on this trip and am thoroughly impressed.

See this hill right here? That is very soft sand. I could not make it up in 2WD, but went right up easily in 4WD.

That was more of a test. But another time I actually got stuck in 2WD and walked right out of it in 4WD. And just the increased ground clearance and better angles alone make it worth the admission. I did far better at Alstrom Point in the Sprinter than I ever did in my Suburban. I can't tell you how pleased I am.
I don't think I'd even attempt to descend that hill, let alone climb it! Congrats. Lots of fun to be had, for sure.

Mein Sprinter

Known member
A pano view.

BTW, while I was there, I discovered where the Milky Way actually comes from. It shoots out of that smaller pinnacle on the right.

Did the same: Bryce, Zion.... N. Kaibab...everything off-road and dispersed; quite rough; rolly and a few underneath touches--- but still doable in a 2x4 Roadtrek Agile the I stripped of its appendages to make it look like a conversion, etc. Heading to Santee, Ca. to Agileoffroad guys to improve it a bit more for accessibility into BLM and like yours... not equal to your 4x4 but just down the road.

cheers...

Mein Sprinter

Known member

We never poo poo these 4x4 of yours after having ventured to: Labrador; Newfoundland; all of the Canadian Provinces; Inuvik, NWT; Haid Gwaii, Alaska; etc. Would love to obtain a 4x4 but at it's current $$$$... I decided to improve it a BIT by increasing a better suspension system and larger tires. Still nothing compared to a 4x4 BUT for us oldies is suffices where most mega RVs cannot go!

cheers...

Mein Sprinter

Known member
Well, since no one else has been posting pics of their recent campsite, I'll add a couple more.

Lunch with a trout stream at your door step. Entry was closed but ?????. Caboose, CA. Inyo forest. Then at Jane Lake, CA.

Attachments

glasseye

Thanks! The sunset shots were shot in a wilderness area outside of St George near The Vortex. The third one was Alstrom Pt again.
One more at The Vortex, showing off my luxury buildout.

"Luxury buildout" :rad: Especially the wall art.

That's my all-time favourite seating position. Is that a cigar I see in your left hand?

Great images! Makin' me antsy to get back out there.

VanGoSki

Was there today but Fukez vous, Merde, forgot to include Mein Sprinter.
Cheers
Hey, you got there! Awesome. Did you hike in?
"Luxury buildout" :rad: Especially the wall art.

That's my all-time favourite seating position. Is that a cigar I see in your left hand?

Great images! Makin' me antsy to get back out there.
Thank you, sir! Maybe we can meet up in one of these exotic locations some time. I checked out your website, you and I have a lot in common. :cheers:

glasseye

Hey, you got there! Awesome. Did you hike in?

Thank you, sir! Maybe we can meet up in one of these exotic locations some time. I checked out your website, you and I have a lot in common. :cheers:
That would be most excellent. Patiently waiting for the US/Canada border to re-open. :flowers: I'm missing my springtime desert fix.

Eric B

That pano is awesome
Wish there was some fauna in there for scale - it must be huge

Your Salmon Glacier link got me to click on Hyder AK - the nearest town - saw that Wikipedia says there is no formal border crossing there... Wonder how they are dealing with border closures for the pandemic ... Seeing that town limits picture suddenly added itself to the list of places to visit ... Thanks for that !

glasseye

That pano is awesome
Wish there was some fauna in there for scale - it must be huge

Your Salmon Glacier link got me to click on Hyder AK - the nearest town - saw that Wikipedia says there is no formal border crossing there... Wonder how they are dealing with border closures for the pandemic ... Seeing that town limits picture suddenly added itself to the list of places to visit ... Thanks for that !
Yeh. There's no way into the USA from Hyder, even though it's already in the USA. :thinking:

It's also, for now, the only way to get to Salmon Glacier, which is in Canada. :thinking::thinking:

Top Bottom