Who has a better camp site than me?

I started to go down that road, such as it was at the time back in the 80's in a different van, and thought better of it.

Good to see what I missed out on, when I turned around. The crawl down the sharp lava roadway was exceedingly slow. If my mind had not been focused on the East Cape, I would have taken the chance on Agua Verde. Next time!

Thanks to those that went and shared and continue to share their adventures on Nomad.

45Kevin

Superb. O so tempting. What's the water temperature like on those beaches?
Dont know the degrees but I was snorkeling for a half hour or so and didn't get cold. I've been in warmer ocean water before.

Did you enjoy the road down to Agua Verde?
Road is fine after being repaired in 2020. The hurricane in 2018(?) did a lot of damage. Its still 20 miles of 15 mph average.

3Play

Love the boojum trees, never knew they grew so densely until I drove through the forest....
Did the fuel prices jump almost 25% last week in baja?
I wish I would have stopped at Agua Verde, didn't know about it..........

Davydd

South Padre Island, Texas KOA. They were labeled tent sites because they didn't have a sewer but had electrical, water, picnic table, cabana, four deck chairs and a table under the cabana. Ample level gravel to park in any direction and then beyond the cabana a pea gravel area for a tent. Overlooks the bay side of the island and the bridge and causeway. There was a busy 10 mph speed bump road to the Pier 19 restaurant which burned down a week after we left last month. You can see the edge of the road in the bottom right of the photo.

tempImage8pu3ln.png

calbiker

Love the boojum trees, never knew they grew so densely until I drove through the forest....
Did the fuel prices jump almost 25% last week in baja?
Just got back after 7 weeks in Baja. I fuel prices increased by ~10%.

Yeah, the boojum trees are cool.

Camping for a night among the boulders of Catavina is out of this world.

This was absolutely the quietest place I have ever experienced. My friends and I pulled down a side dirt road and got a good mile away from the highway and the sound of the jake brakes disturbing the nighttime quietude.

It was so quiet that for the first time in my life I could actually my my own blood flowing through my body. BTW, I was stone cold sober. haha

The night skies can light ones way by starlight alone, even without the moon's help.

When the winter rains used to happen, the desert blooms with wildflowers of all colors to the horizon.

The Valle de Cirios is magical. Those cacti always reminded me of Dr. Suess characters with all the variations of their top hairlike displays.

A few days ago there was some rain south of EL Rosario but Catavina was dry as a bone. No blooming desert this year, or last year either.

Top Bottom