Who has a better camp site than me?

glasseye

Yikes! That’s a heck of a parking job. No idea where that is. Or even if it’s in the USA. Beautiful, though. Hope you’ll tell us. :rad:

johnplyler

2020 4x4
campsite.jpg
We took the van out camping last weekend in Virginia to check it out and finalize our layout. Everything went great except the key fob would not work to start the van when we stopped for fuel! I got a message that "our key was not recognized" but finally figured it out. Hope that doesn't happen to you! Hope your electrical system is doing well and I'm looking forward to seeing your review about how the system worked.

dddrks

Everything went great except the key fob would not work to start the van when we stopped for fuel! I got a message that "our key was not recognized" but finally figured it out. Hope that doesn't happen to you! Hope your electrical system is doing well and I'm looking forward to seeing your review about how the system worked.
What was the issue?

johnplyler

2020 4x4
What really put me over the top was first spending the equivalent $75,000 on this (Splinter) and on our first trip (with the wife) this stupid key decides not to work. Second, instead of just telling me what to do, the message on the dash refers me to the owner's manual. Third, I look in the owner's manual under keys on pages 46-48 and there is nothing there! (the picture of where to put the key is on page 6 buried under introduction) Fourth, I push the red button for the road side assistance and they say they are only for the police and do not offer anything else. Fifth, I call back and ask them for roadside service and get it, but the guy I get has never heard of this key fob and where to put it. Sixth, he has to get his supervisor to find where the slot is, Seventh, instead of all the stickers across the dash and sun visors about airbags and safety (which I ripped off), why couldn't they just put a sign saying (this is the key fob slot) ?

canuckster

Kudos to all who have contributed so far!
Lots of screen savers for my imac and great insider info on some choice spots.
Pretty much covered all my bucket list destinations once I go from 'Sprinter Wannabee' to 'proud owner'.

Many of them remind me of my all time favourite quote:
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth" - Steve McQueen

Last edited:

Top Bottom