Who has a better camp site than me?

Aussie 2002 4x4

There's a few walks in the Lake Cootharaba area because they used to cut cedar nearby, drag it with bullocks and then ship it via the lake..

Screenshot_20200720-165127~3.png

We walked out to Kin Kin Creek but no further

az7000'

2007 Navion on a 2006 3500 chassis
On the shore of Lake Powell... The rest were are "overlanders"! we had 4 other trucks that couldn't believe I got in there, (they didn't know the way i went, hidden easier turn...) with us and packs of rooftop tents on Tacomas and Jeeps. I know some were excited to get all the way back to the lake then to see the MH had to take the wind out of their sails!

IMG_0709.jpegIMG_0760.jpeg

glasseye

The rest were are "overlanders"! we had 4 other trucks that couldn't believe I got in there... I know some were excited to get all the way back to the lake then to see the MH had to take the wind out of their sails!
Revenge is sweet! :rad: I had a similar experience at Aguereberry Point in Death Valley. I'm not a MH, but the only other vehicle on-site, a Toyota FJ Cruiser, hated me.

He left. :sweep:

SFP_20130401_6681-Pano 1600 px.jpg

glasseye

That is one of my favorite spots in DV ... but we have another name for it lol
Love to hear your name for it. PM, if you like. :)

Last time I attempted a re-visit, the road was so rough I bailed. It is a fantastic location. :rad:

SprinterSnale

'05 T1N 3500 - NorCalSprinterCampout
Nice site. Enhanced by neat doggies, pink chairs and a RadCity.:rad:
That's all I need, this chair, this kayak, this Thermos coffee cup, this dog, this E-Bike, oh, and this Sprinter and this wife (not pictured). Great week out in Lassen N.F. Total mileage 240. Total camp fees $14. A non social distancing deer ate the mesh out of the beloved pink chair.

I bugged out solo for a "Just Dad, the van, his gravel bike, and guitar" over-nighter, West of Cheyenne, WY....I'm pretty sure I sounded just like Jerry. :guitar:
Doing the dad (grandpa) solo trip with Jerry guitar soon. Years ago we converted our Maxx fan on the roof to a "Jerry Fan" with sticker-letters.

marc1

Love to hear your name for it. PM, if you like. :)

Last time I attempted a re-visit, the road was so rough I bailed. It is a fantastic location. :rad:

I agree, the view is one of, if not the best in DV. Just be careful there on a Moonless night lol. The drop off is unforgiving. I always tied the dog off at night when camping there and would mark the edge with a light stick at night lol.

Sinatorj

On the shore of Lake Powell... The rest were are "overlanders"! we had 4 other trucks that couldn't believe I got in there, (they didn't know the way i went, hidden easier turn...) with us and packs of rooftop tents on Tacomas and Jeeps. I know some were excited to get all the way back to the lake then to see the MH had to take the wind out of their sails!

View attachment 147952View attachment 147953
You take back way to warm creek?

Top Bottom