Any one put in a Back up camera

witraveler

Has any one mounted a back up camera on you sprinter? Looking at the $100 type from Sam's Club. How did u do it. Has any one connected one so it can be left on when towing and also works in reverse when backs up?

guisar

I installed one- just a camera which hooked up to LCD of my DVD headunit. It bolted over the top of the license plate- ran a RCA plug up the headunit. I hooked the camera up to the power of the license plate light and then ran the trigger wire to the reverse switch (search the forums for the wiring diagram of your year/model/transmission). Works like a charm.

gmillerok1

This is an older post, but I installed the Sam's backup camera. I mounted the camera on the hitch using zip ties, ran the wire up throught the battery compartment to the tail light, and spliced it into the parking light. I turn on the lights to turn the camera on (I use it sometimes when moving ahead to check for traffic on my right rear). The LCD required running a power cord to the battery with a fused connection.

GM

Has any one mounted a back up camera on you sprinter? Looking at the $100 type from Sam's Club. How did u do it. Has any one connected one so it can be left on when towing and also works in reverse when backs up?

wildimaginations

Wild Imaginations
This one was my own creation. I didn't like drilling through the roof so I went through the door. I figured that the door is much easier to replace than the roof.

I got the camera setup through eBay. After the install, I felt more in control whenever I wanted to parallel park in tighter spaces. The second camera is for looking straight back and avoid any trees or low branches that I would back into. Really works.

Good luck in your adventure.

Richard

Attachments

selprass

Hi I just bought a reverse camera from Germany but I am having trouble sorting out the wires. I have Factory wiring which is available but the connections on the camera are different The video cable which is green is not a problem I have a small black plug which has 3 wires going to it two are black and pink which are live when the ignition is on and the third wire is brown which is earth. The camera came with a obd activating tool to tell the ecu that a camera is fitted. The camera also has two small green wires coming from it with parking line marked on one wire. I hope someone may be able to help me. Selwyn Prasser Bundaberg Australia

TJLee089

2013 Itasca Reyo 25R
Here's what I bought for my 2010 ERA. It works with a compatible Magellan GPS. My rig did not have a built-in GPS. The beauty of it is that it's wireless; no wire to run from GPS to camera. Tied into BU light so it's powered on when in reverse. Found the correct wire by trial and error; not difficult. It worked well for the year I had it before trading the rig for a new one that had a BU camera. Total cost including GPS, about $300.

Costco wireless115.00. Installed mounting to license plate (upside down). Used license plate light on 2007 agile. Nice because i can turn it on when i want, not just for backup. I do have to turn the monitor upside down but it works well.

grnpete

My 2007 Agile SS needed a GPS too and a dash mount Garmin works through bluetooth wireless with a Garmin back up camera. Got it all at Best Buy and they only charged $50 to do the install. Love it!!

Top Bottom