Northwest Sprinterfest this weekend

Terrapin

Really looking forward to it!

I will hang my forum name (Terrapin) on the van. I'm hoping other forum members will do the same.

It will be nice to have a face and a van to associate with all the help and information you've all provided.

'til then, ... Cheers!
See ya Saturday.

Jeffrey

Imdbui

I plan to drop by to check it out.

I'm very new to Sprinter ownership. Just picked up my 2015 Crew Van from Orcas Island two weeks ago!

Waiting in line for the Ferry..

GaryJ

Here since 2006
Having attended a number of Sprinterfests in the past I find it interesting that there have been no prior announcements of this event on the forum this year. Or could I have missed them? An advanced search for "sprinterfest" in the "titles only" gives this thread, started two days ago, and someone asking about it last March, with no replies. This is very unlike when John had the business and promoted it well. Most importantly, I'm really glad we have the Concow Campout again this year in October.

Gary

mofo989

Having attended a number of Sprinterfests in the past I find it interesting that there have been no prior announcements of this event on the forum this year. Or could I have missed them? An advanced search for "sprinterfest" in the "titles only" gives this thread, started two days ago, and someone asking about it last March, with no replies. This is very unlike when John had the business and promoted it well. Most importantly, I'm really glad we have the Concow Campout again this year in October.

Gary
I totally missed it. Would have gone if I had known!

EricPDX

I heard about it on one of the Sprinter Van groups on Facebook and caught the last hour or so.

My highlights:

There were some cool bed panels that several people had made with Ikea bed frame parts.

Adventure Wagons overhead bags that people were discussing a few weeks back were on site and looked really nice. They also had a very cool but insanely expensive bed system that moved up and down and was super light weight called Moab (Mother of all beds)

Roam built had a fully decked out van that was awesome.

A lot of vans were leaving when I arrived, but got to peek in a few home built ones that were awesome.

I noticed a lot of people had the same cooler- it was a dual fridge/freezer with a silver exterior, looked pretty cool- someone told me it was 2k.

Someone (I think they were the people that were importing custom sprinter chairs) had aluminum storage boxes called Aluboxes- they had also put no slip material on the exterior and then put the boxes outside the van and used them for steps. I thought this was a great idea for some of the lifted sprinters.

People were super friendly and I really enjoyed popping into other peoples vans, and seeing the different builds, although as a lowly T1N owner I felt kind of left out.

JIB

George,

My wife and I had a chance to take a look at your build, from beyond the blue line, but we were unable to catch up with you for a detailed tour. The pictures you have posted are great, but the van is even nicer looking in real life. Sorry we missed you.

Jack

The Sprinter Fest info on the Sprinter Forum was practically not existing. I learned last week from Hein and signed up via Evite. https://www.evite.com/event/01EAHUE...ium=email&utm_source=GUEST_FEED_COMMENT_BATCH
It was well attended meeting in spite of limited announcement. More on the Facebook https://www.facebook.com/events/189...sion_id":"ff7d4918b8ec6f88988a00e710928b61"}}

George.

JIB

My wife and I were there from about 10 until 1. Lots of stuff to look at and we learned a lot. The only bummer for us was that most of the vans there were 144's and one 158. We were told this is because Oregon law prohibits parking vehicles greater than 20 feel long on the street, so the locals build a primarily shorter vans. We were in search on some 170's to get an overall feel for how it all went together. Otherwise we saw a lot of neat stuff and AM Solar was there to answer my questions.

Jack - still a year or more out and still collecting data

GeorgeRa

2013 Sprinter DIY 144WB, Portland OR
George,

My wife and I had a chance to take a look at your build, from beyond the blue line, but we were unable to catch up with you for a detailed tour. The pictures you have posted are great, but the van is even nicer looking in real life. Sorry we missed you.

Jack
Hello,

Sorry about the blue tape, if you are in Portland next time perhaps we could synch calendars and I will give you a no blue tape view,

Best regards,

George.

Top Bottom